Orlando Health UF Health Cancer Center Service Areas
There are several different types of volunteer opportunities available, many of which are listed below. Please note that there may be opportunities not included below but may still be available. If you are interested in volunteering with a department that is not included in the list below, you may bring this to our attention directly and we will try to accommodate you.
Orlando Health UF Health Cancer Center
- Nursing Units: Care Ambassadors who serve on a nursing unit would assist the unit’s nursing staff with a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, answering patient call-bells and rounding on patient rooms, restocking materials, answering the unit telephone, and provide patients with the information for the Cancer Support Community. Care ambassadors can serve on any of the following units:
- Medical Oncology
- Surgical Oncology
- Guest Services: The Guest Services team serves as the liaison between patients and hospital staff and they are responsible for ensuring that patient and guest needs are consistently met. Care ambassadors who serve with the Guest Services team will assist with a variety of duties. Responsibilities may include greeting, directing and escorting guests around the different areas of the hospital, as well as answering guest inquiries. This assignment is located in the OHUFHCC lobby.
- Chemotherapy Unit: Care ambassadors who serve on this unit will assist with delivering refreshments, blankets, etc. to patients while undergoing chemotherapy treatments as advised by nursing staff. Visit with patients to ensure all their needs are being met and perform other duties as assigned. This is assignment is available during the following days/times:
Monday – Friday from 10am to 2pm
- Aromathera TEA at the Orlando Health UF Health Cancer Center: Care ambassadors serve tea on our chemotherapy unit. This is assignment is available during the following:
Thursday from 1pm – 4pm
- Healing Arts Program: The Healing Arts Program is designed to provide activities and healing music in our hospital.
- Music Care Ambassador: We are in need of musicians to play music for our patients in waiting rooms, lobbies, patient and family rooms. Singers are also welcome to come and share their gift.