Orlando Health Horizon West Hospital Volunteer Services
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Orlando Health Horizon West Hospital. Volunteers have always been a vital part of our hospital and play an important role in the hospital's mission of improving the health and quality of life of our patients, their families and community.
- Be willing to make a commitment to volunteer for a period of six months to one year, or for at least 100 hours total.
- Be able to volunteer one day a week for four hours on the same day each week.
- Be able to communicate well in English.
Due to the sensitivity and intensity of issues encountered in a hospital environment, comprehensive testing, training and orientation are provided for each of our applicants. As a result, we require a significant commitment from our volunteers. To become part of our team, we ask the following:
- Accurately complete the entire application
- Please be aware that we do not accept applications for court ordered community service hours.
- Successfully pass a Criminal Background Check (must provide social security number)
- Attend an interview with a member of the Volunteer Services Team
- Visit our Occupational Health Office for TB and drug screening, which will be done at no charge to you
- Attend a 3-hour orientation session
Processing time for applications can take approximately 2-3 weeks depending on our ability to contact your references. Once your application has been processed, we will contact you to arrange an appointment for an interview. At that time we will discuss an assignment that will be fulfilling and meet the needs of our patients and their families.
If you are teenager of at least 16 years of age and/or have not yet graduated from high school, please make sure to fill out the Teen Application found below.
Adult Volunteer Opportunities:
There are several different types of volunteer opportunities available. Please speak with the volunteer office to discuss opportunities.
Teen Volunteer Opportunities:
Teens are offered a wide variety of opportunities throughout these Orlando Health. Apart from an enriching learning experience, teen volunteers gain valuable volunteer hours that can be used toward scholarship requirements for college.
Please take a moment to read though the following questions to be sure this program is for you:
- Am I at least 16 years old?
- Am I currently enrolled in high school and maintaining a “B” (3.00) average or higher?
- Am I willing to complete a screening process that includes a drug screening, QuantiFeron Gold (Qgold) TB Test, and a 3-hour new volunteer orientation?
- Do I have reliable transportation to and from the hospital?
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
MANDATORY: Please bring a completed copy of the Recommendation and Parental Consent forms.
What’s next? As soon as your completed application and report card is received, you will be contacted to set up an interview.
Your interest, care, and commitment are greatly appreciated. We look forward to meeting you! Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Orlando Health Horizon West Hospital
17000 Porter Road
Winter Garden, FL 34787