Benefits & Salary
- Annual Florida Keys Musculoskeletal Oncology Meeting for designated residents years 2-5.
- Additional funding is provided for regional and national conferences when a resident presents original research.
- PGY1 residents attend an AO Basic Fracture Course.
- PGY 4 residents attend the Enneking Musculoskeletal Tumor Conference.
- PGY 4 residents attend the AAHKS Meeting (funding provided by Dave Dore, MD).
- PGY 5 residents attend the annual AAOS “academy” conference and the AAOS Orthopaedic Board Prep & Review Course.
- Program may assist residents in obtaining funds to attend conferences according to the following schedule: PGY2/3 – 1 per year, PGY4/5 – 2 per year.
- Subscription to Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery and JAAOS.
- Industry sponsored educational materials, courses and conferences are available throughout residency.
- Membership into Florida Orthopaedic Society
- Resident membership in American Academy Orthopaedic Society
- 3 weeks of unscheduled vacation
- In addition to one week during either Christmas or New Years
- Free secure covered parking just steps away from the hospital main entrance
- Free meals are provided while in house 24 hours a day/7 days a week
- Employer-sponsored retirement savings accounts available
Health Care Coverage
- HealthChoice PPO
- Multiple Dental Coverage Options
- Vision Program
- Life Insurance Options Basic Life
- Supplemental Life - available for purchase
- Spouse and Dependent Life Insurance - available for purchase
- Healthcare Flex Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flex Spending Account
- Disability/Short term - available for purchase
- Long -Term Disability - after one year of employment
- PGY-1: $57,500
- PGY-2: $59,000
- PGY-3: $61,100
- PGY-4: $63,600
- PGY-5: $66,200
- PGY-6: $69,000