The Healing Tree in Orange and Osceola counties
The Healing Tree offers crisis counseling, on-going individual and/or group therapy and other resources. Recognized as one of Florida's premier providers of specialized counseling for survivors of child abuse, The Healing Tree's counselors combine their expertise with genuine warmth and compassion to facilitate the healing process. Days and times for volunteering can vary based on families’ needs, but the most need is generally on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 5-7pm. Volunteers will be helping with:
- Helping with general child care - Play and interact with children in safe and age-appropriate ways while the child's family members are engaged in therapy.
- Introduce self to the child and her/his caregiver upon their arrival.
- Promote a peaceful and calm play experience by listening and offering equal attention to all children.
- Clean and sanitize toys/straightens playroom at the end of shift.
- Minimum commitment one year (consistency in child care providers is very important).
Teen Xpress is a mobile healthcare clinic that provides free medical, mental health, nutrition, and case management services to 11-18 year olds in select middle and high schools in Orange County. We provide these services to uninsured and underinsured adolescents at their schools during the school year and at various community sites and certain schools during the summer. The team engages parents in the care and navigation of their child’s healthcare based on recommendations made by all of the providers. Teen Xpress also provides nutrition education to students at certain school sites after school and during the summer. These classes may include interactive lessons and cooking demonstrations.
Clerical Support for Children’s Advocacy and Developmental Center
The Children's Advocacy Center is a child-friendly facility specially designed to make children feel safe and comfortable after a trauma has left them feeling anything but safe. It is a place where doctors, nurses, social workers, police, school officials and others assemble to discuss and make joint decisions regarding the investigation, prosecution and treatment of child abuse cases. The Children's Advocacy Center includes the Child Protection Team and The Healing Tree.
The Developmental Center for Infants & Children is a place where parents of developmentally delayed, disabled, and at-risk infants and toddlers can meet with a team of child development experts including psychologists, physicians, audiologists, and others to get answers to their many questions about their children's needs. The team also shows families what they can do to help their children overcome their developmental delays to the fullest possible extent. Family Care Coordinators help provide additional resources and assist the families to cope with the challenges of raising children who have very special needs.
- Assist staff with various duties and projects including data entry, donation inventory, filing, and other projects as needed.
- May support one individual or a full department.
- Needed anytime Monday - Friday between 8:00 am & 4:30 pm. Schedule is flexible.