Thank you for your interest in volunteering at The Howard Phillips Center for Children & Families. Please note that volunteers must be 18 years old and have graduated from high school or the equivalent. Also, because we must maintain strict confidentiality, our volunteers do not work directly with the clients we serve.
We greatly depend on our volunteers. You will be an integral part of the services we provide to our clients and an important partner to our team. The key questions to ask:
- Can you commit to volunteering three to four hours on the same day most weeks?
- Can you commit to volunteering for at least one full year?
Volunteering is a wonderful way to help in the community, and volunteering here makes a big difference in the lives of families facing great challenges. Due to the sensitivity and intensity of issues encountered here, we have an extensive screening process that includes:
- Criminal Background Check and fingerprinting
- TB Test
- Drug/Alcohol Urinalysis
- Verification of two references
- Interview with the volunteer coordinator
- Attend a volunteer orientation class