Orlando Health – Health Central Hospital is a nationally recognized, not-for-profit, comprehensive community hospital in Ocoee, FL. At Health Central Hospital, our dedicated physicians, nurses, clinicians and support team are committed to delivering quality and compassionate care. With our advanced technology and expertise in diagnostic imaging, cardiovascular and stroke care, orthopedics, neuro spine treatment and rehabilitation, we provide a complete continuum of care to meet all your healthcare needs.
As a proud member of the Orlando Health family of hospitals, we constantly work to deliver the highest quality healthcare services as our organization continually evolves to meet the needs of the growing West Orange community that we serve. An example of this commitment is the major expansion of the Health Central Hospital Emergency Department and opening of a new patient tower in 2016.
Comprehensive Services with Advanced Technology
Orlando Health - Health Central Hospital is a 252-bed Joint Commission accredited, acute care hospital serving west Orange County for nearly 70 years. Our hospital and 85-acre medical complex offers the following services:
- A 32-bed Emergency Department
- Heart and vascular care, through Orlando Health Heart & Vascular Institute
- Digestive care, through Orlando Health Digestive Health Institute
- Total Joint Replacement (Hip and Knee) Programs, accredited by The Joint Commission
- Spine surgery program accredited by The Joint Commission
- Primary Stroke Center, accredited by The Joint Commission
- Bariatric (Weight Loss) Surgery Program, accredited as a Comprehensive Center under the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP®), a joint program of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- Inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, including occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech therapy
- Outpatient center for laboratory services, radiology and diagnostic imaging
- Retail Pharmacy
- U.S. News & World Report High Performing recognition in 4 areas: Heart Failure, Diabetes, Kidney Failure and COPD
- A Safety Grade, The Leapfrog Group - Spring 2022, Fall 2022 and Spring 2023
Health Central Hospital also owns the following facilities that serve the West Orange community:
- Health Central Park, a 228 bed, long-term nursing and rehabilitation facility
- An outpatient Surgery Center dedicated solely to outpatient surgeries, including orthopedic, podiatry, urology, general, vascular, and pain management procedures, and
- A state-of-the-art Wound Healing Center and Hyperbaric Medicine Center
Cancer Care Closer to Home
We know that the numerous office visits required for effective cancer treatment can be stressful and tiring. Having your care team close to home can reduce that burden. That’s why the Orlando Health Cancer Institute offers convenient locations throughout Central Florida, including a location on the same campus as Orlando Health – Health Central Hospital in Ocoee, Florida. Here, you can receive your treatments closer to your home and support network. By removing the stress of commuting, we hope to give you the opportunity to focus on the things that matter even more now than ever – your health and happiness.
For more information on services offered and directions, click here.