Yield: about 1 1/2 cups
Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Total Time (mins): 10
To Make Ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Stir or shake before using.
Mellow white miso adds a pleasing savory sweetness to this creamy ginger dressing that partners perfectly with mixed green salads, slaws or grain salads. It is also great spooned over cooked asparagus.
- 1/2 cup low-fat firm silken tofu (4 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white (shiro) miso
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and peeled
- Combine all ingredients in a blender; blend until smooth. Thin with more water, if desired.
Recipe Tips & Notes:
- Ingredient Note: Made from fermented soybeans, miso is a common ingredient in Japanese cooking. There are different types of miso, in shades ranging from white and yellow to reddish brown and dark brown. Available at health-food stores and Japanese markets.
Per serving: 11 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrate; 0 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 66 mg sodium; 7 mg potassium.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Access this Recipe & Others in the Digital Edition
The recipes in this collection provide vibrant & delicious options for a healthy lifestyle.