Recipe: Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
Yield: 1 serving
Serving Size: 1 3/4 cups
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Greek yogurt and nut butter boost protein, and ground flaxseed adds omega-3s in this fresh fruit smoothie recipe. Use ice cubes if you like a frosty smoothie or opt for water if you don’t want it so cold.
- 1 cup hulled strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1/2 cup diced mango, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon natural nut butter, such as cashew or almond
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (flaxmeal)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ice cubes or 1/2 cup water
- Combine strawberries, banana, mango, yogurt, nut butter, flaxmeal, vanilla and ice cubes (or water) in a blender. Puree until smooth.
Per serving: 359 calories; 14 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 6 mg cholesterol; 46 g carbohydrate; 0 g added sugars; 30 g total sugars; 19 g protein; 10 g fiber; 85 mg sodium; 917 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (220% daily value), Magnesium (33% dv), Folate & Potassium (26% dv), Calcium (24% dv), Vitamin A (19% dv)
3 Carbohydrate Serving(s)
Exchanges: 2 1/2 fruit, 1/2 nonfat milk, 2 1/2 fat
Scaling Disclaimer: EatingWell recipes are tested extensively in the EatingWell Test Kitchen. EatingWell cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original. Also note that scaling only applies to the ingredient measurements: no adjustment is made to the recipe instructions, so pan sizes and cooking times and ingredient amounts referred to in the text of the recipe only apply to the original number of servings.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.