Position: Advanced Practitioner Registered Nurse (APRN)
Location: Winter Garden, FL 34787
The Advanced Practitioner Registered Nurse is a licensed, independent practitioner that works as a primary care provider, seeing patients for physicals, acute care and chronic care. The APRN attains a complete history, conducts the necessary physical exam, orders appropriate lab and x-rays. She/He will make a diagnosis and derive a plan of care for the patient, consulting with the physician when necessary. The nurse practitioner will write prescriptions within the scope of the Nurse Practice Act and the department protocols.
- Performs routine exams on patients requesting and/or needing complete physical examinations, pap and pelvics, (obstetrical visits for nurse practitioner in OB/Gyn).
- Assesses diagnoses and creates a plan of care for many acute and common illnesses.
- Orders appropriate tests as indicated by history and physical examination. Reviews x-rays and laboratory results, directing plan of care based on normal and abnormal results. Consults and refers to a physician when appropriate. Consults with a physician prior to making an outside referral.
- Advises patient of abnormal results by phone and a postcard system for normal results.
- Works by appointment schedule also seeing work-in/acute care patients triaged by nurse personnel.
- Strives to attain a patient volume (benchmark) established by national standards and provided to the health professional on a monthly basis.
- Completes dictations within 24 hours of seeing the patient and records appropriate data in the patient’s medical record.
- Develops a collegial working relationship with peers, physicians and staff on the unit, contributing suggestions for improving departmental and organizational operations.
- Reviews department protocols, revising, and updating annually.
- Ability to assist with movement of disabled patients when needed.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written form.
- Ability to visually, auditorily, and manually assess patients.
- Masters in Nursing or BSN in Nursing with ARNP certification.
- Licensed as an APRN in the state of Florida.
Required tasks routinely involve a potential for mucous membranes or skin contact with blood, body fluids, tissues or potential spills or splashes. Use of appropriate measures is required for every health care provider in this position.
To apply send your resume and title of position to [email protected]