What is Minor Surgery? - A minor surgical procedure involving an incision with instruments that can be performed in a brief period of time–usually in less than 1 hour under local anesthesia, does not–under normal circumstances—constitute a major hazard to life or function of organs or body parts.
Minor Surgeries does not generally require hospitalization and may be performed electively. Some conditions can be treated by cryosurgery (warts destruction) or simple excision (mole biopsy) which just requires a little local anesthetic and a few minutes of your time.
Which conditions can be treated under local anesthesia?
- Biopsy of growths
- Excision of benign skin nenus
- Foreign Body Removal from skin and soft tissue
- Hairy moles
- Incision and Drainage of an Abscess
- In-growing toe nails
- Laceration and Incision Repair of Skin & Soft Tissue
- Molluscum warts
- Pre-cancerous and cancerous skin lesions
- Skin tags/Skin Biopsy
- Skin cyst, Abscess
- Verruccae warts
- and many more conditions…
Any other surgical procedure that involves anesthesia or respiratory assistance as a major surgery we do not perform in our office.