OB-GYN Hospitalist Services
Expert OB-GYN Care
At Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies, our inpatient care system is designed to enhance the amount and quality of time you have with our doctors. You may be under the care of one of our private attending physicians and our hospital-based doctors — known as hospitalists. Our hospitalists are on-site 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This means you and your family benefit from improved access and availability as well as improved communication and continuity of care.
A hospitalist is an acute-care physician who focuses on a patient’s hospital care from the time of admission until discharge. The hospitalists at Orlando Health Winnie Palmer are board-certified OB-GYNs who manage your care while you admitted. Hospitalists work as partners with your OB-GYN, but because they are based in the hospital, they can answer your questions and provide your care in a timely manner. While you may be seen by more than one hospitalist during your stay, your care will continue to be well-coordinated and seamless.
Hospitalists are immediately available and are in contact with your OB-GYN at admission, during your hospitalization and upon discharge. Your hospitalist will partner with your OB-GYN to provide bedside care while you are hospitalized.
Hospitalists provide a variety of services including:
- Establish a relationship with you and your family
- Admit you to the hospital
- Take care of you while you are hospitalized
- Coordinate hospital care, including all diagnostic tests, such as X-rays and blood tests
- Assist in the delivery of your baby
- Arrange any specialty care therapy
- Keep your OB-GYN informed of your medical progress
- Oversee your discharge and transfer of your medical care to your OB-GYN
Since our hospitalists are based in the hospital, they only offer care while you are admitted. You cannot make an appointment with them. If you wish to make an appointment with an OB-GYN, please click here.