Who We Are
The Orlando Health Concussion Recovery Program offers a multi-disciplinary approach to help manage concussion symptoms. The team is comprised of physicians, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists and neuropsychologists.
We assess and treat changes in:
- balance/vestibular function
- ·oculomotor function
- cervical spine
About Your Visits
Initial therapy visit
- You will be evaluated by the concussion team.
- The concussion team will provide you with appropriate recommendations.
- Return to play protocol will be initiated as appropriate.
- This visit will be 60-90 minutes.
Follow up therapy visits
- These will be recommended and scheduled as needed.
- You will continue to work with the concussion team, who will help manage symptoms identified.
- Return to work/play protocol will be progressed as appropriate.
- These visits will be 45-60 minutes.
* Please make sure to wear athletic clothing and shoes to all appointments.
The Multi-disciplinary Team
- Physicians: initially diagnose concussion, refer to therapy, and medically manage symptoms, including migraines
- Physical Therapy: assess/treat vestibular, cervical spine, balance and oculomotor changes. Complete exertion testing and training.
- Occupational/Speech Therapy: assess/treat cognitive changes and assist with academic accommodations
- Neuropsychology: assess/treat emotional changes as needed
- Athletic trainers: collaborate on appropriate return to play progression for sports concussion diagnoses