Yield: 1 serving
Serving Size: 1 3/4 cups
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Total Time (mins): 5
Almond butter adds nutty flavor plus 7 grams of protein to this healthy, protein-rich banana smoothie.
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons unflavored protein powder
- 1 tablespoon sweetener of your choice (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4-6 ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Per serving: 402 calories; 22 g fat (2 g sat, 11 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 37 g carbohydrate; 0 g added sugars; 14 g total sugars; 19 g protein; 9 g fiber; 376 mg sodium; 867 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Iron (56% daily value), Calcium (41% dv), Magnesium (35% dv), Potassium (25% dv), Folate (17% dv), Vitamin C (15% dv).
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Access this Recipe & Others in the Digital Edition
The recipes in this collection provide vibrant & delicious options for a healthy lifestyle.