Yield: 2 cups
Serving Size: 2-Tbsp.
Active Time: 10 minutes
Active Time (mins): 10
Total Time: 10 minutes
To Make Ahead: Press a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface to prevent browning and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Avocados add a silky consistency and cheese-like richness to this dairy-free pesto recipe. Toss it with pasta, spread it on baguette slices to make bruschetta, or use it for a healthy mayo substitute on your sandwich.
- 1 large bunch fresh basil
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup walnuts or hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Ground pepper to taste
- Strip basil leaves from the stems and add to a food processor along with avocados, walnuts (or hemp seeds), lemon juice, garlic and salt; pulse until finely chopped. Add oil and process to form a thick paste. Season with pepper.
Per serving: 126 calories; 13 g fat (2 g sat, 8 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrate; 0 g added sugars; 0 g total sugars; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 37 mg sodium; 151 mg potassium.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Access this Recipe & Others in the Digital Edition
The recipes in this collection provide vibrant & delicious options for a healthy lifestyle.