Yield: 1 serving
Serving Size: about 1 1/2 cups
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Use ripe bananas for this creamy Greek yogurt, spinach and pineapple smoothie. Chia seeds add healthy omega-3 fats, fiber and a little protein for an extra nutritional boost.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen banana slices (about 1 medium banana)
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1-2 teaspoons pure maple syrup or honey (optional)
- Add almond milk and yogurt to a blender, then add spinach, banana, pineapple, chia and sweetener (if using); blend until smooth.
Per serving: 297 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 54 g carbohydrate; 0 g added sugars; 29 g total sugars; 13 g protein; 10 g fiber; 145 mg sodium; 1038 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (102% daily value), Vitamin A (64% dv), Magnesium (31% dv), Calcium & Potassium (30% dv), Folate (28% dv)
3 Carbohydrate Serving(s)
Exchanges: 3 fruit, 1 lowfat milk, 1/2 fat
Scaling Disclaimer: EatingWell recipes are tested extensively in the EatingWell Test Kitchen. EatingWell cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original. Also note that scaling only applies to the ingredient measurements: no adjustment is made to the recipe instructions, so pan sizes and cooking times and ingredient amounts referred to in the text of the recipe only apply to the original number of servings.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.