Katherine Sain is a board-certified advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) with the Orlando Health Weight Loss and Bariatric Surgery Institute. As a bariatric care provider, she sees patients with a variety of medical needs and assists with:
- Diagnosing medical conditions
- Formulating individualized healthcare plans
- Prescribing and managing medications
- Ordering diagnostic tests and lab work
- Providing patient education
Katherine strives to provide exceptional, holistic care for her patients while also building trusting relationships with them and their families.
Katherine earned a bachelor’s degree in nursing from Mount Carmel College of Nursing in Columbus, Ohio, and a master’s degree in nursing, with special certification as a family nurse practitioner, from The Ohio State University in Columbus. While still in school, she completed clinical rotations at several Ohio medical facilities and one in Clermont, Florida.
Katherine is certified as an APRN by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Outside of work, she enjoys traveling with her husband, spending time with friends and family, and playing with her dog, Winston.
Medical EducationThe Ohio State University
Orlando Health Weight Loss and Bariatric Surgery Institute
89 W. Copeland Drive
Orlando, FL 32806 Phone: (321) 843-8900
This is a comprehensive list of insurances accepted at Orlando Health hospitals, outpatient services and physician groups. Be sure to contact your individual insurer to verify coverage. Not all providers accept the same insurance. If possible, check with your providers prior to your procedure or appointment to verify coverage.
- Accountable PPO
- Aetna Commercial
- Aetna Better Health
- Aetna Healthcare Exchange
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Aetna Public & Labor
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Aetna Whole Health
- Align Senior Care Medicare Advantage
- Assured Assistance International
- Ambetter from Sunshine Health Healthcare Exchange
- AmeriHealth Caritas Florida
- AvMed Health Plans
- AvMed Healthcare Exchange
- AvMed Medicare Advantage
- Beech Street Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans HMO and PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Health Options - Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - BlueOptions
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Blue Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - MyBlue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Simply Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Truli for Health
- Carelon Behavioral Health (fka Beacon Health Options)
- CarePlus Medicare Advantage
- Cega Group Services International
- Centivo Health
- Cigna Healthcare Commercial (excluding SureFit)
- Cigna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Cigna Healthcare Exchange
- CorVel Workers Compensation
- Coventry Commercial
- Coventry Workers Compensation
Why do some Orlando Health physicians not have a patient experience rating?
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions, shown above, from our nationally-recognized Press-Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Orlando Health.
Ratings may not be present for certain physicians of Orlando Health Physician Group and Orlando Health Physician Associates because:
- The physician has not yet met the minimum number of 30 patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display.
- They may be a researcher or type of provider that does not see patients.
- They may practice in a specialty or office that has not yet implemented the specified surveys used for these ratings.