Linda Stachowiak is an oncology speech-language pathologist with the Orlando Health Cancer Institute, specializing in care for head and neck patients including tracheostomy and laryngectomy. She is board-certified in swallowing and swallowing disorders, and her areas of expertise include:
- Swallowing evaluation and treatment
- Speech, language and cognitive evaluation and treatment
- Post-tracheostomy communication evaluation and treatment
- Head and neck cancer rehabilitation
- Videostroboscopic voice evaluation
- Trismus evaluation and treatment
- Modified barium swallow study
- Flexible endoscopic evaluation of swallowing
- Alaryngeal voice rehabilitation
- Intraoperative monitoring during medialization thyroplasty
- Intraoperative monitoring during awake craniotomy
- Tracheoesophageal voice prosthesis evaluation and treatment
Linda strives to improve patients’ quality of life by maximizing their communication and swallowing functions.
She received her bachelor’s and master’s degrees in speech pathology from State University of New York in Buffalo.
Linda has decades of experience in clinical practice, research and management within the field of speech pathology. She has delivered numerous presentations at the local, state and national levels and contributed research to medical publications.
Linda is board-certified by the American Board of Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders and has a certificate of clinical competence in speech-language pathology (CCP-SLP) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. Her professional memberships include the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and the Dysphagia Research Society.
Outside of work, Linda enjoys traveling, exercising, and spending time with family and friends.
Orlando Health Cancer Institute
22 W. Underwood St.
Orlando, FL 32806 Phone: (407) 648-5384
This is a comprehensive list of insurances accepted at Orlando Health hospitals, outpatient services and physician groups. Be sure to contact your individual insurer to verify coverage. Not all providers accept the same insurance. If possible, check with your providers prior to your procedure or appointment to verify coverage.
- Accountable PPO
- Aetna Commercial
- Aetna Better Health
- Aetna Healthcare Exchange
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Aetna Public & Labor
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Aetna Whole Health
- Align Senior Care Medicare Advantage
- Assured Assistance International
- Ambetter from Sunshine Health Healthcare Exchange
- AmeriHealth Caritas Florida
- AvMed Health Plans
- AvMed Healthcare Exchange
- AvMed Medicare Advantage
- Beech Street Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans HMO and PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Health Options - Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - BlueOptions
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Blue Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - MyBlue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Simply Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Truli for Health
- Carelon Behavioral Health (fka Beacon Health Options)
- CarePlus Medicare Advantage
- Cega Group Services International
- Centivo Health
- Cigna Healthcare Commercial (excluding SureFit)
- Cigna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Cigna Healthcare Exchange
- CorVel Workers Compensation
- Coventry Commercial
- Coventry Workers Compensation
Why do some Orlando Health physicians not have a patient experience rating?
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions, shown above, from our nationally-recognized Press-Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Orlando Health.
Ratings may not be present for certain physicians of Orlando Health Physician Group and Orlando Health Physician Associates because:
- The physician has not yet met the minimum number of 30 patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display.
- They may be a researcher or type of provider that does not see patients.
- They may practice in a specialty or office that has not yet implemented the specified surveys used for these ratings.