Scott Heinz is a board-certified physician assistant (PA-C) with Orlando Health Physician Associates. He brings a patient-centered approach to family medicine, and his areas of expertise include:
- Obtaining comprehensive medical histories
- Performing physical exams on adolescent, adult and geriatric patients
- Providing acute/chronic illness and preventive healthcare evaluation
- Ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests
- Developing treatment plans with appropriate medication management
Scott received his bachelor’s degree in health sciences from the University of Central Florida in Orlando, graduating summa cum laude. He earned his master’s of medical science in the physician assistant program with highest honors at Nova Southeastern University in Orlando. Scott’s training included nine hands-on clinical rotations including family medicine, emergency medicine, pediatrics, endocrinology, general surgery, psychiatry, internal medicine and OB/GYN. He earned membership in the Golden Key International Honor Society at UCF, and in the Phi Kappa Phi and Alpha Eta Graduate Honor Societies at Nova Southeastern.
Scott is certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
He is a member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants and Florida Academy of Physician Assistants.
Scott is a native Floridian. Outside of work, he enjoys weightlifting, traveling and going to the beach.
Medical EducationNova Southeastern
Orlando Health Physician Associates Family- Lake Mary Family Medicine
719 Rodel Cove
Lake Mary, FL 32746 Phone: (407) 302-3115
- Orlando Health Physician Associates Family- Lake Mary Family Medicine
Primary Care - PediatricsOrlando Health Physician Associates Family- Lake Mary Family Medicine719 Rodel Cove
Lake Mary, FL 32746Call: (407) 302-3115Hours:
Monday - Thursday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
This is a comprehensive list of insurances accepted at Orlando Health hospitals, outpatient services and physician groups. Be sure to contact your individual insurer to verify coverage. Not all providers accept the same insurance. If possible, check with your providers prior to your procedure or appointment to verify coverage.
- Accountable PPO
- Aetna Commercial
- Aetna Better Health
- Aetna Healthcare Exchange
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Aetna Public & Labor
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Aetna Whole Health
- Align Senior Care Medicare Advantage
- Assured Assistance International
- Ambetter from Sunshine Health Healthcare Exchange
- AmeriHealth Caritas Florida
- AvMed Health Plans
- AvMed Healthcare Exchange
- AvMed Medicare Advantage
- Beech Street Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans HMO and PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Health Options - Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - BlueOptions
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Blue Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - MyBlue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Simply Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Truli for Health
- Carelon Behavioral Health (fka Beacon Health Options)
- CarePlus Medicare Advantage
- Cega Group Services International
- Centivo Health
- Cigna Healthcare Commercial (excluding SureFit)
- Cigna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Cigna Healthcare Exchange
- CorVel Workers Compensation
- Coventry Commercial
- Coventry Workers Compensation
Why do some Orlando Health physicians not have a patient experience rating?
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions, shown above, from our nationally-recognized Press-Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Orlando Health.
Ratings may not be present for certain physicians of Orlando Health Physician Group and Orlando Health Physician Associates because:
- The physician has not yet met the minimum number of 30 patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display.
- They may be a researcher or type of provider that does not see patients.
- They may practice in a specialty or office that has not yet implemented the specified surveys used for these ratings.