Shaila is a certified pediatric nurse practitioner – acute care (CPNP-AC) at The Heart Center at Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children. She is part of a multidisciplinary team that provides pediatric cardiac critical care, and her expertise includes:
- Performing physical exams
- Collecting and documenting data
- Conducting diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Ordering and scheduling laboratory studies and professional consultations
- Prescribing interventions and medications
- Providing direct patient care
- Pediatric critical care and cardiac critical care
- Pediatric cardiovascular surgery and cardiology
Shaila has more than 10 years of experience caring for young patients. She is skilled in procedures such as intubation and extubation, chest tube placement and removal, and suturing. Her interests include pediatric cardiovascular surgery and pediatric cardiology.
She believes the most rewarding part of being a healthcare provider is helping kids and their families overcome medical conditions related to congenital heart defects and cardiac disease.
Shaila received her bachelor’s degree in nursing and graduated with honors from the University of Florida in Gainesville. She earned her Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) in acute care pediatrics from Rush University in Chicago.
Shaila is certified by the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board.
Outside of work, she enjoys spending time with her family, exercising and traveling.