Housecalls: Bringing Expert Medical Care to You at Home
Care for Patients with Limited Mobility
If you’re homebound and in need of permanent or temporary medical care, Orlando Health Housecalls can help. Providing primary care services in the comfort of your home, Housecalls is a Medicare-covered service that can help you in these situations:
- You are homebound due to illness or recent surgery and need care until you can make it back to see your primary care physician.
- You don’t have a primary care physician and are temporarily or permanently unable to leave your home due to recent surgery, a chronic illness, or other physical or mental limitation.
- You are visiting from out-of-town and don’t have access to your primary care physician.
Housecalls provides care in the patient’s home through either a physician or advanced registered nurse practitioner. Services include:
- Annual exams
- Care for common illnesses
- Care of musculoskeletal issues and sports injuries
- Management of chronic diseases, such as diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol
- Minor skin procedures
- Mobile diagnostic testing
- Preoperative exams
- Prescription orders
Other services include:
- Continued rehabilitation
- Evaluation for home health
- Diabetic counseling
- Health and nutrition counseling
- Hospice coordination
- In-home medical labs
- Mobile sleep studies
- Smoking cessation treatment
- Wound care consults
Orlando Health’s Housecall services are provided or overseen by board-certified physician David Smuckler, MD. Dr. Smuckler holds a medical degree from Georgetown University and is board certified in internal medicine and geriatric medicine. He helps educate medical residents at Orlando Health and serves on the clinical faculty at Florida State University College of Medicine.
For more information, or to inquire about services for yourself, a family member or a friend, please call us at 407.852.2760.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
21 W. Columbia St., Suite 201
Orlando, FL 32806
Orlando Health Home Care
Often described as a hospital without walls, Orlando Health Home Care provides comprehensive skilled nursing and rehabilitation services focused on achieving a patient’s long-term, home health goals.