Dear Prospective Teenage Volunteer:
Thank you for your interest in the South Seminole Hospital Teenage Volunteer (TAV) Program. This application contains everything you need to start a very rewarding career as a volunteer. Please take a moment to read the following questions to be sure this program is right for you.
- Am I at least 16 years old?
- Am I currently enrolled in high school and maintain a “B” (3.00) average or higher?
- Am I willing to complete a screening process that includes a drug screening, a tuberculosis skin test (TST), and three hours of new volunteer orientation?
- Am I willing to commit with one full summer session, to include volunteering at least one 4 hour shift during the hours of 7am - 2pm, Monday through Friday, and have a minimum of 3 absences during the summer session?
- Do I have reliable transportation to and from the hospital?
If you have answered yes to all of the above questions, please complete the Teenage Volunteer Application in full.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
MANDATORY: Your report card with weighted GPA should be sent the same day as your application to: Patricia.Weaver@orlandohealth.com.
What’s next? As soon as your completed application and report card with weighted GPA is received, you will be called to set up your personal interview.
Volunteers are the heartbeat of Orlando Health. Your interest, caring and commitment are greatly appreciated. I look forward to meeting you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 321.842.6215.
Teen Program Coordinator
South Seminole Hospital
Teen Volunteer Program Dates
2018 Summer Session
- June 4 through August 3 (9 weeks)
- Applications will be accepted through Friday, April 20th or until the program is full.
2018 Summer Session Teen Service Areas
- Guest Services/Information Desk - Monday thru Friday 7am -11am
- Food & Nutrition - Monday thru Friday 7am - 11am, 11am - 3pm
- Central Supply - Monday thru Friday 7:30am - 11:30am
- Radiology Transport - Monday thru Friday 7am - 11am, 11am - 3pm
- PCU Care Ambassador - Monday thru Friday - 7am - 11am
- Med/Surg Care Ambassador - Monday thru Friday 7am - 11am, 11am - 3pm
- Transportation/Surgery - Monday thru Friday 7am - 11am, 11am - 3pm
- Book Cart- Monday thru Friday 11am - 3pm
- Oshibori - Monday thru Friday 8am - 12n
- Volunteer Office Monday thru Friday 7am - 11am, 11am - 3pm