Teen Volunteer Program Dates
Teen Fall Session 2021
- Fall program will begin November 2021 through the end of year. Volunteers have the option to continue through the spring semester.
- Fall session will qualify teens for the summer session (Based on performance).
- During this session teens can choose to volunteer one day a week from 3pm-6pm or one Saturday a month from 8am-12pm or 12pm-4pm (Hours may vary based on student availability).
*Applications for the Fall Session will be accepted Starting in October 2021 through the year or until the program is full. (Spots are limited)
Teen Service Areas for the Fall 2021- & Summer 2022
- Spiritual Care Assistant
- Food & Nutrition Assistant / Meal Assistant
- Information Desk Assistant/ Transporter
- Radiology Transporter
- Outpatient Assistant/Transport
- Nursing Unit Assistant
- Central Supply
- Teens can choose to volunteer up to 3 days a week during the summer session
- Shifts Times during the Summer 2022 will be from 8am-12pm or 12pm-4pm Monday- Friday.
*Applications for the summer session will be accepted from January 2022 through the end of April 2022.
Please note: Some areas may only be available during a certain time of the year. No weekend opportunities are available during the summer session.
Fill out the application here.
Dear Prospective Teenage Volunteer:
Thank you for your interest in the South Seminole Hospital Teenage Volunteer (TAV) Program. This application contains everything you need to start a very rewarding career as a volunteer. Please take a moment to read the following questions to be sure this program is right for you.
- Am I at least 16 years old?
- Am I currently enrolled in high school?
- Am I willing to complete a screening process that includes a drug screening, a tuberculosis skin test (TST), and three hours of new volunteer orientation?
- Have a minimum of 3 absences during the summer session?
- Do I have reliable transportation to and from the hospital?
If you have answered yes to all of the above questions, please complete the Teenage Volunteer Application in full.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
As soon as your completed application is received, we will contact you to set up your personal interview.
Volunteers are the heartbeat of Orlando Health. Your interest, caring and commitment are greatly appreciated. I look forward to meeting you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at (321) 842-6215.