Orlando Health COVID-19 Virtual Visit
To help stop the community spread of COVID-19 in Florida, Orlando Health offers a virtual visit option for individuals 18 or older. It is only appropriate for those who meet any of these conditions for possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection.
If you have:
- Fever of 100.4F or higher
- Shortness of breath
For high-risk patients with heart disease, lung disease or diabetes, additional qualifying conditions are:
- Travel outside Florida
- Cruise in the past 14 days
- Close contact with someone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19 or is under investigation for COVID-19
If you meet any of these conditions, please click here to go to Orlando Health COVID-19 Virtual Visit and consult with the next available board-certified physician. A $25 prepaid copayment is required before the session begins.
If you do not meet these conditions, but would still like to speak with a board-certified physician, contact our general Orlando Health Virtual Visit center here.
On-Demand Access to Care
Receive high-quality care via phone, video chat or mobile app
Start Feeling Better Fast
Any prescriptions can be sent to your local pharmacy of choice.
Connect to Real-Time Care
Prompt treatment – average appointment wait time is 10-15 minutes
How to Get Started
You can access Virtual Visit on your smartphone, tablet or computer.
- For PC/MAC – Visit OrlandoHealth.com/VirtualVisit and select the link for Virtual Visit. For Smartphones/Tablets – Open either the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and download the Orlando Health Virtual Visit app.
- Once on the webpage or in the app, select the option to Register Your Account.
- Fill in your name and date of birth.
- Select the option labeled “I am a new Virtual Visit Patient. I am not a Disney or Orlando Health employee”.
- Continue the registration process by filling in your personal account information. Once complete, you will have the ability to add a dependent. Complete your child’s medical history, list all medications and any medication allergies.
At this point, your registration is complete. You are now ready to request a virtual visit!
With convenient locations across Central Florida, our 11 hospital and freestanding ERs and 10 urgent care facilities give you access to high-quality medical care that’s close when it counts. Plus, for those minor emergency visits or urgent care appointments, you can even schedule your arrival time online. Find the Orlando Health Emergency Room or CareSpot Urgent Care – Orlando Health location nearest you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What is Virtual Visit?
Orlando Health Virtual Visit is an online virtual urgent care. It is designed to give patients access to physicians using their computer or mobile device from any location, 24-hours a day, 365 days a year.
- 2. What conditions are covered by Virtual Visit?
Allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds & flu, conjunctivitis or “pink eye”, diarrhea, infections, insect bites, moles & warts, rashes, respiratory infections, sinusitis, sore throats, sprains, urinary tract infections, and vomiting.
- 3. What providers see patients?
Orlando Health has contracted with Teladoc’s physician group to provide services. Teladoc is a global leader in virtual care. The group is comprised of 5,000 board certified physicians specializing in internal medicine, family medicine and pediatrics.
- 4. Will I be speaking with Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners?
Orlando Health Virtual Visit is exclusively staffed with 100% board certified physicians.
- 5. What is the cost and how do I pay?
The cost is $49 per visit. Copays will vary for Orlando Health and Disney employees on an Orlando Health benefits plan. Payment is collected up front when the appointment is requested. Currently the only insurance accepted is Orlando Health Team Member plans and Orlando Health Cast Advantage plan for Disney cast members.
- 6. Will my doctor be notified after a visit is conducted?
Notes from visits will be available for patients to download after all visits. Additionally, patients with an Orlando Health Follow My Health account will see clinical notes in their chart after the visit.
- 7. Who can use the service?
The service is available for all patients in Central Florida.
- 8. What is the typical wait time and appointment length for a Virtual Visit?
Average wait time is under 10 minutes. Appointment lengths can vary, but average 20 minutes or less.
- 9. How do I access Orlando Health Virtual Visit?
You can access Orlando Health Virtual Visit through our website at OrlandoHealth.com/VirtualVisit. You can also download the Orlando Health Virtual Visit app through the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- 10. What languages is Orlando Health Virtual Visit available in?
You can select your preferred language during account setup. The app and the website are currently offered in English. For languages other than English the physicians will contact a 3rd-party medical translation service to assist with the appointment. The visit will be conducted with the patient, physician and interpreter on a conference call. There are translation services available for 30+ languages. Additionally, you can contact our 24/7 call center at 855549-2235 and request a visit.
- 11. Can I schedule an appointment with an Orlando Health Virtual Visit doctor?
Not at this time. Currently the service is only available as an on-demand service.
12. Am I able to receive a prescription utilizing Virtual Visit?
Yes! When clinically appropriate, Virtual Visit prescriptions may prescribe medications to treat non-urgent conditions. These prescriptions can be sent to a pharmacy of your choosing by selecting from the database while requesting your appointment. Due to Florida prescribing laws, narcotics and controlled substances cannot be prescribed through Virtual Visit.
13. Am I able to request a prescription refill using Virtual Visit.
In most cases no. Prescription refills should be handled by the prescribing doctor to ensure they are still appropriate and necessary. If you do not have a physician, please contact our referral management center at 321-843-3630 to request an appointment with a primary care provider or specialist.
14. What if the physician is unable to treat me?
While Virtual Visit offers a convenient, low cost method for receiving care, many illnesses require an in person examination or tests such as flu or strep tests. Virtual Visit doctors may be able to provide treatment to help manage symptoms but at their discretion may recommend that you make an appointment at one of our physician offices or urgent care locations.
15. What should I do I have a problem with a prescription or need additional help?
Our 24/7 call center is always available to answer questions. They can be reached at 855-549-2235. Additionally if you have a non-urgent request or comment you can contact the Virtual Visit team at [email protected]. E-mails will be returned the next business day.