Updates Affecting Our Patients & Visitors
As Orlando Health responds to the ever-changing challenges of COVID-19, the safety and well-being of your family and our care teams continue to be our top priorities. Our teams are expertly trained and dedicated to serving you. Regardless of your medical need, you can have confidence knowing we are prepared to provide the same great care you have come to expect from us.
Upcoming Appointments at Orlando Health
As the COVID-19 threat continues to evolve, we are offering appointments at select office locations across Central Florida. Depending on your medical need, your physician’s office will determine whether you require in-person care or if a virtual appointment can be scheduled. Contact your provider to learn more.
Preoperative COVID-19 Testing
At Orlando Health, the health and safety of our patients are top priorities. To protect you and others, all patients will be tested for COVID-19 prior to having a surgery or procedure. Testing is in the best interest of our patients and reduces your risk for complications after surgery.
The location for pre-surgery testing for Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center, Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital & Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies will take place at the temporary screening site located at 83 W. Columbia St., Orlando, FL 32806.
The location for pre-surgery testing for Orlando Health – Health Central Hospital will take place at the surgery center located on the Health Central campus.
All other Orlando Health hospital patients will be tested for COVID-19 at your pre-admission testing (PAT) appointment.
The results take 48 – 72 hours to receive, so you will need to self-isolate from the time the test is taken until the day of your surgery or procedure.
If your test comes back negative for COVID-19, you must follow all pre-operative instructions. If your test comes back positive, your surgery may be postponed. If your surgery is deemed necessary while you’re infected, you will need to follow specific instructions to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.
Thank you for trusting your care to Orlando Health.
Orlando Health Hospital Visitation Guidelines
Orlando Health’s COVID-19 Results Line
We know you’re eager for the results of your COVID-19 test. Your Orlando Health team is committed to providing your test results to you as quickly as possible. The COVID-19 Results Line serves the needs of patients discharged from:
- Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center (ORMC)
- Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children
- Orlando Health Dr. P. Phillips Hospital
- Orlando Health South Seminole Hospital
- Orlando Health South Lake Hospital
- Orlando Health Emergency Room – Lake Mary
- Orlando Health Emergency Room – Osceola
- Orlando Health South Lake Hospital Joe H. and Loretta Scott Emergency Room – Four Corners
- Orlando Health South Lake Hospital Emergency Room – Blue Cedar
Patients from these facilities can:
- Expect COVID-19 test results within 72 hours (3 days).
- View your results in your patient portal at OrlandoHealth.FollowMyHealth.com.
- Receive a phone call from your team at Orlando Health about your results.
To receive your results by phone, please:
- Be on the lookout for a call from the Orlando Health COVID-19 Results Line – (321) 841-2900 – between 8:00 am and 7:30 pm daily.
- Answer the call or return our message. We want to protect your privacy and can’t leave test results on a voicemail.
- Be prepared to confirm your identity by giving us your full name and date of birth.
- Feel free to ask any questions you may have about your condition. We have experts available to answer them.
- Let us know if you need a work note related to your COVID-19 results.
If you haven’t heard from your Orlando Health team within 3 days of having the test specimen collected, please:
- Call the Orlando Health COVID-19 Results Line at (321) 841-2900 between 8:00 am and 7:30 pm daily.
- Ask us any questions you have about your condition and one of our experts will contact you.
- Leave us a message if someone from the care team isn’t available when you call. We will be in touch as quickly as possible.
Additional Information for Patients & Visitors
Donations of Goods or Services
If you are interested in making a donation of food, homemade medical equipment, goods or services, please send details of the offer to [email protected].
Gift shops offering limited hours of operation
Lori’s Gift Shops at Orlando Health hospitals have temporarily reduced their hours of operation. The shops will be open Monday through Friday and will be closed Saturday and Sunday. Lori’s Gifts at Orlando Health South Seminole Hospital is temporarily closed due to renovation.
Valet parking closures
Valet parking services on most Orlando Health’s campuses have been temporarily discontinued except for those at Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and Orlando Health Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies.
Requesting Medical Records
Due to concerns about COVID-19, in-person requests for medical records have been temporarily stopped. Medical records only can be requested by telephone and email. No fee will be charged at this time.
To receive release forms for key areas of the hospitals:
To receive release forms for key areas at Orlando Health South Lake Hospital: