Dr. Amanda Kovacich is a pulmonology and sleep medicine physician at Orlando Health Lung and Sleep Medicine Group. She has advanced training in diagnosing and treating diseases of the respiratory tract.
She is fellowship-trained in pulmonology and critical care medicine, with expertise in caring for patients with possible life-threatening conditions.
Dr. Kovacich’s Training
Dr. Kovacich earned her medical degree from Florida State University College of Medicine in Tallahassee. She completed her internal medicine residency at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center in Baltimore. Dr. Kovacich’s pulmonary and critical care fellowship was performed at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
She also received a Master of Public Health (MPH) with a concentration in epidemiology and biostatics and a certificate in global health from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health in Baltimore.
About Dr. Kovacich
Dr. Kovacich is a member of the American Thoracic Society, Society of Critical Care Medicine, the American College of Physicians and the Orange County Medical Society.
She has volunteered at Give Kids The World, a nonprofit Central Florida resort that provides vacations for critically ill children and their families, and organized a canned-food drive to benefit Second Harvest Food Bank.
Outside of work, she trains for marathons and triathlons. Dr. Kovacich’s hobbies include baking and improving her Spanish-language skills.
Medical EducationFlorida State University College of Medicine
ResidencyJohns Hopkins Bayview Internal Medicine Residency
FellowshipUniversity of North Carolina Pulmonology and Critical Care Fellowship
Orlando Health Medical Group Lung and Sleep Medicine
1222 S Orange Ave
Orlando, FL 32806 Phone: (321) 841-7856
This is a comprehensive list of insurances accepted at Orlando Health hospitals, outpatient services and physician groups. Be sure to contact your individual insurer to verify coverage. Not all providers accept the same insurance. If possible, check with your providers prior to your procedure or appointment to verify coverage.
- Accountable PPO
- Aetna Commercial
- Aetna Better Health
- Aetna Healthcare Exchange
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Aetna Public & Labor
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Aetna Whole Health
- Align Senior Care Medicare Advantage
- Assured Assistance International
- Ambetter from Sunshine Health Healthcare Exchange
- AmeriHealth Caritas Florida
- AvMed Health Plans
- AvMed Healthcare Exchange
- AvMed Medicare Advantage
- Beech Street Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans HMO and PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Health Options - Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - BlueOptions
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Blue Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - MyBlue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Simply Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Truli for Health
- Carelon Behavioral Health (fka Beacon Health Options)
- CarePlus Medicare Advantage
- Cega Group Services International
- Centivo Health
- Cigna Healthcare Commercial (excluding SureFit)
- Cigna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Cigna Healthcare Exchange
- CorVel Workers Compensation
- Coventry Commercial
- Coventry Workers Compensation
Why do some Orlando Health physicians not have a patient experience rating?
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions, shown above, from our nationally-recognized Press-Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Orlando Health.
Ratings may not be present for certain physicians of Orlando Health Physician Group and Orlando Health Physician Associates because:
- The physician has not yet met the minimum number of 30 patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display.
- They may be a researcher or type of provider that does not see patients.
- They may practice in a specialty or office that has not yet implemented the specified surveys used for these ratings.