Ana Cuesta-Fernandez, MD, is an oncologist specializing in breast cancer care and treatment. She is dedicated to providing exceptional care to her patients and committed to leveraging the resources of Orlando Health Cancer Institute. This includes a commitment to using the most recent research to develop personalized treatment plans based on each patient’s genetics and special needs.
Dr. Cuesta-Fernandez received her medical degree from Instituto Superior de Ciencias Medicas Villa Clara in Cienfuegos Faculty, Cuba. She completed a family practice residency at Area V Policlinic in Cuba, and an internal medicine residency at New York Medical College at Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, New York. Dr. Cuesta also completed a hematology/oncology fellowship at Orlando Health Cancer Institute, where she served as chief fellow.
She is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Society of Hematology, American Society of Clinical Oncology and the Society of Hematologic Oncology. Additionally, she has nearly 10 years of research experience and is the author of several published articles.
The Breast Care Center at Orlando Health Cancer Institute delivers the highest quality, personalized care according to national guidelines such as those of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Med. - Medical Oncology
Medical EducationInstituto Superior de Ciencias Medicas de Villa Clara
ResidencyNew York Medical College (Westchester)
Orlando Health Cancer Institute - Breast Care Center
83 W. Miller St.
Orlando, FL 32806 Phone: (321) 843-8370
Breast Care Center
1111 W. Fairbanks Ave.
Winter Park, FL 32789 Phone: (321) 842-5052
This is a comprehensive list of insurances accepted at Orlando Health hospitals, outpatient services and physician groups. Be sure to contact your individual insurer to verify coverage. Not all providers accept the same insurance. If possible, check with your providers prior to your procedure or appointment to verify coverage.
- Accountable PPO
- Aetna Commercial
- Aetna Better Health
- Aetna Healthcare Exchange
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Aetna Public & Labor
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Aetna Whole Health
- Align Senior Care Medicare Advantage
- Assured Assistance International
- Ambetter from Sunshine Health Healthcare Exchange
- AmeriHealth Caritas Florida
- AvMed Health Plans
- AvMed Healthcare Exchange
- AvMed Medicare Advantage
- Beech Street Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans HMO and PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Health Options - Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - BlueOptions
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Blue Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - MyBlue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Simply Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Truli for Health
- Carelon Behavioral Health (fka Beacon Health Options)
- CarePlus Medicare Advantage
- Cega Group Services International
- Centivo Health
- Cigna Healthcare Commercial (excluding SureFit)
- Cigna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Cigna Healthcare Exchange
- CorVel Workers Compensation
- Coventry Commercial
- Coventry Workers Compensation
Why do some Orlando Health physicians not have a patient experience rating?
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions, shown above, from our nationally-recognized Press-Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Orlando Health.
Ratings may not be present for certain physicians of Orlando Health Physician Group and Orlando Health Physician Associates because:
- The physician has not yet met the minimum number of 30 patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display.
- They may be a researcher or type of provider that does not see patients.
- They may practice in a specialty or office that has not yet implemented the specified surveys used for these ratings.
- English (CC)