Christopher Acevedo is a certified physician assistant (PA-C) with Orlando Health Physician Associates Internal Medicine. His experience includes:
- Performing initial physical examinations
- Developing treatment plans
- Managing acute and chronic encounters
- Assisting in procedures such as colonoscopies and endoscopies
- Educating patients on conditions, medications and wellness
- Weight-loss counseling
Christopher is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of individuals across all age groups and medical specialties.
Christopher studied biomedical sciences at the University of Puerto Rico in Aguadilla and received his training from the physician assistant program at the San Juan Bautista School of Medicine in Caguas, Puerto Rico.
Before joining Orlando Health, Christopher served as a PA for gastroenterology at a clinic in Puerto Rico. He also was a professor in the San Juan Bautista School of Medicine's Physician Assistant Program, where he mentored and tutored students in rheumatology, gastroenterology, pulmonology and orthopedics.
He is certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants and licensed as a PA by the Florida Department of Health.
Outside of work, Christopher enjoys weightlifting and rhythm indoor cycling.
Medical EducationSan Juan Bautista School of Medicine
Orlando Health Physician Associates - Osceola - Primary Care - Adult
3074 Dyer Blvd.
Kissimmee, FL 34741 Phone: (407) 635-3011
This is a comprehensive list of insurances accepted at Orlando Health hospitals, outpatient services and physician groups. Be sure to contact your individual insurer to verify coverage. Not all providers accept the same insurance. If possible, check with your providers prior to your procedure or appointment to verify coverage.
- Accountable PPO
- Aetna Commercial
- Aetna Better Health
- Aetna Healthcare Exchange
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Aetna Public & Labor
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Aetna Whole Health
- Align Senior Care Medicare Advantage
- Assured Assistance International
- Ambetter from Sunshine Health Healthcare Exchange
- AmeriHealth Caritas Florida
- AvMed Health Plans
- AvMed Healthcare Exchange
- AvMed Medicare Advantage
- Beech Street Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans HMO and PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Health Options - Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - BlueOptions
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Blue Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - MyBlue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Simply Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Truli for Health
- Carelon Behavioral Health (fka Beacon Health Options)
- CarePlus Medicare Advantage
- Cega Group Services International
- Centivo Health
- Cigna Healthcare Commercial (excluding SureFit)
- Cigna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Cigna Healthcare Exchange
- CorVel Workers Compensation
- Coventry Commercial
- Coventry Workers Compensation
Why do some Orlando Health physicians not have a patient experience rating?
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions, shown above, from our nationally-recognized Press-Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Orlando Health.
Ratings may not be present for certain physicians of Orlando Health Physician Group and Orlando Health Physician Associates because:
- The physician has not yet met the minimum number of 30 patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display.
- They may be a researcher or type of provider that does not see patients.
- They may practice in a specialty or office that has not yet implemented the specified surveys used for these ratings.