Danielle A. Henry, MD, is a board-certified general surgeon and fellowship-trained breast surgical oncologist with the Breast Care Center at Orlando Health Cancer Institute.
Dr. Henry earned her medical degree from Florida State University College of Medicine. She completed a general surgery internship and residency at Orlando Health, where she served as administrative chief resident and won Best Resident Award. She went on to complete a Society of Surgical Oncology breast surgical oncology fellowship at Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute in Tampa. While at Moffitt, Dr. Henry received the Junior Scientist Partnership Award for collaboration with the immunology lab to investigate local immunity within breast cancer tissue.
Dr. Henry has delivered numerous national and local presentations about breast cancer topics. Her clinical interests include high-risk breast cancer groups, like genetic carriers in minorities, in addition to adapting new technology in the operating room.
Dr. Henry is a member of several professional societies including the American Society of Breast Surgeons, Society of Surgical Oncology, American College of Surgeons, Association of Women Surgeons, Association of Academic Surgeons and Society of Black Academic Surgeons. She is active on committees in the Florida Chapter of the American College of Surgeons and the Association of Women Surgeons.
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
Medical EducationFlorida State University
FellowshipH. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Reseach Institute
Orlando Health Cancer Institute - Breast Care Center
83 W. Miller St.
Orlando, FL 32806 Phone: (321) 843-8370
Orlando Health Cancer Institute - Dr. Phillips
7472 Docs Grove Cir.
Orlando, FL 32819 Phone: (407) 241-1037
This is a comprehensive list of insurances accepted at Orlando Health hospitals, outpatient services and physician groups. Be sure to contact your individual insurer to verify coverage. Not all providers accept the same insurance. If possible, check with your providers prior to your procedure or appointment to verify coverage.
- Accountable PPO
- Aetna Commercial
- Aetna Better Health
- Aetna Healthcare Exchange
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Aetna Public & Labor
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Aetna Whole Health
- Align Senior Care Medicare Advantage
- Assured Assistance International
- Ambetter from Sunshine Health Healthcare Exchange
- AmeriHealth Caritas Florida
- AvMed Health Plans
- AvMed Healthcare Exchange
- AvMed Medicare Advantage
- Beech Street Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans HMO and PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Health Options - Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - BlueOptions
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Blue Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - MyBlue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Simply Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Truli for Health
- Carelon Behavioral Health (fka Beacon Health Options)
- CarePlus Medicare Advantage
- Cega Group Services International
- Centivo Health
- Cigna Healthcare Commercial (excluding SureFit)
- Cigna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Cigna Healthcare Exchange
- CorVel Workers Compensation
- Coventry Commercial
- Coventry Workers Compensation
Why do some Orlando Health physicians not have a patient experience rating?
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions, shown above, from our nationally-recognized Press-Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Orlando Health.
Ratings may not be present for certain physicians of Orlando Health Physician Group and Orlando Health Physician Associates because:
- The physician has not yet met the minimum number of 30 patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display.
- They may be a researcher or type of provider that does not see patients.
- They may practice in a specialty or office that has not yet implemented the specified surveys used for these ratings.
- English (CC)