Erica "Danielle" Hiner, MA, CCC-SLP is an oncology speech-language pathologist with the Orlando Health Cancer Institute. She treats patients along the entire continuum of head and neck cancer care, and her expertise includes:
- Swallowing evaluation and treatment
- Speech, language and cognitive evaluation and treatment
- Post-tracheostomy communication evaluation and treatment
- Head and neck cancer rehabilitation
- Videostroboscopic voice evaluation
- Voice evaluation and treatment
- Trismus evaluation and treatment
- Modified barium swallow study
- Flexible endoscopic evaluation of swallowing
- Alaryngeal voice rehabilitation
- Intraoperative monitoring during medialization thyroplasty
- Tracheoesophageal voice prosthesis evaluation and treatment
Danielle strives to provide comprehensive, evidence-based care that addresses both the physical and emotional aspects of her patients’ communication and swallowing challenges.
Danielle received her bachelor’s degree in communication sciences and disorders from the University of Florida in Gainesville, where she also earned her master’s degree in speech-language pathology.
Danielle holds a certificate of clinical competency in speech-language pathology (CCC-SLP) from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association.
She has delivered presentations nationally and published articles about swallowing following head and neck cancer treatment, post-laryngectomy rehabilitation and upper airway disorders.
Outside of work, Danielle enjoys hiking, bicycling, gardening, and spending time with her husband and two children.
Medical EducationUniversity of Florida
Orlando Health Cancer Institute
22 W. Underwood St.
Orlando, FL 32806 Phone: (321) 841-7171
This is a comprehensive list of insurances accepted at Orlando Health hospitals, outpatient services and physician groups. Be sure to contact your individual insurer to verify coverage. Not all providers accept the same insurance. If possible, check with your providers prior to your procedure or appointment to verify coverage.
- Accountable PPO
- Aetna Commercial
- Aetna Better Health
- Aetna Healthcare Exchange
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Aetna Public & Labor
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Aetna Whole Health
- Align Senior Care Medicare Advantage
- Assured Assistance International
- Ambetter from Sunshine Health Healthcare Exchange
- AmeriHealth Caritas Florida
- AvMed Health Plans
- AvMed Healthcare Exchange
- AvMed Medicare Advantage
- Beech Street Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans HMO and PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Health Options - Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - BlueOptions
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Blue Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - MyBlue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Simply Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Truli for Health
- Carelon Behavioral Health (fka Beacon Health Options)
- CarePlus Medicare Advantage
- Cega Group Services International
- Centivo Health
- Cigna Healthcare Commercial (excluding SureFit)
- Cigna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Cigna Healthcare Exchange
- CorVel Workers Compensation
- Coventry Commercial
- Coventry Workers Compensation
Why do some Orlando Health physicians not have a patient experience rating?
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions, shown above, from our nationally-recognized Press-Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Orlando Health.
Ratings may not be present for certain physicians of Orlando Health Physician Group and Orlando Health Physician Associates because:
- The physician has not yet met the minimum number of 30 patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display.
- They may be a researcher or type of provider that does not see patients.
- They may practice in a specialty or office that has not yet implemented the specified surveys used for these ratings.