Edgar Sanchez, MD, joined Orlando Health Physicians in 2015. Dr. Sanchez is board certified in infectious diseases and internal medicine and is a current member of the Infectious Diseases Society of America and the American College of Physicians.
Dr. Sanchez earned his medical degree from Saint George’s University School of Medicine in Grenada. He completed his internal medicine residency at Drexel University in Philadelphia, followed by a fellowship in infectious diseases at Tufts Medical Center in Boston.
Prior to joining Orlando Health, Dr. Sanchez was a physician at Tufts Medical Center, where his duties included consulting on infectious diseases, providing treatment at an outpatient infectious diseases clinic, and providing outpatient pre-travel visits. He was also responsible for coverage of all bodily fluid exposures, including hospital employees on nights and weekends.
Dr. Sanchez co-authored a chapter in the 2014 International Encyclopedia of Public Health. He also has a masters degree and professional expertise in computational biology with proficiency in several computer programming languages. In 2015, he completed a second masters degree, earning an M.S. in clinical and translational research from Tufts University.
- Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Infectious Dis
Medical EducationSt. Georges Hospital - School of Medicine
ResidencyDrexel University College of Medicine
FellowshipTufts Medical Center
Orlando Health Medical Group Infectious Diseases - Longwood
521 W. SR 434
Longwood, FL 32750 Phone: (407) 423-1039
This is a comprehensive list of insurances accepted at Orlando Health hospitals, outpatient services and physician groups. Be sure to contact your individual insurer to verify coverage. Not all providers accept the same insurance. If possible, check with your providers prior to your procedure or appointment to verify coverage.
- Accountable PPO
- Aetna Commercial
- Aetna Better Health
- Aetna Healthcare Exchange
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Aetna Public & Labor
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Aetna Whole Health
- Align Senior Care Medicare Advantage
- Assured Assistance International
- Ambetter from Sunshine Health Healthcare Exchange
- AmeriHealth Caritas Florida
- AvMed Health Plans
- AvMed Healthcare Exchange
- AvMed Medicare Advantage
- Beech Street Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans HMO and PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Health Options - Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - BlueOptions
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Blue Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - MyBlue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Simply Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Truli for Health
- Carelon Behavioral Health (fka Beacon Health Options)
- CarePlus Medicare Advantage
- Cega Group Services International
- Centivo Health
- Cigna Healthcare Commercial (excluding SureFit)
- Cigna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Cigna Healthcare Exchange
- CorVel Workers Compensation
- Coventry Commercial
- Coventry Workers Compensation
Why do some Orlando Health physicians not have a patient experience rating?
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions, shown above, from our nationally-recognized Press-Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Orlando Health.
Ratings may not be present for certain physicians of Orlando Health Physician Group and Orlando Health Physician Associates because:
- The physician has not yet met the minimum number of 30 patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display.
- They may be a researcher or type of provider that does not see patients.
- They may practice in a specialty or office that has not yet implemented the specified surveys used for these ratings.