Frank R. Avilucea, MD, is a fellowship-trained orthopedic trauma surgeon with the Orlando Health Jewett Orthopedic Institute. Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Dr. Avilucea focuses on the care of pelvic and acetabular fractures, complex periarticular fractures, limb deformity, nonunion fractures, hip and knee replacement (joint arthroplasty) and multiple trauma patients.
Dr. Avilucea earned his medical degree from the University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque. He later completed an orthopedic surgery residency at the University of Utah, Salt Lake City, where he served as administrative chief resident. He went on to complete an Orthopedic Traumatology and Post-Traumatic Reconstruction fellowship at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. Additionally, Dr. Avilucea has been recognized nationally with the Limb Lengthening Reconstruction Society traveling fellowship.
Prior to joining Orlando Health, Dr. Avilucea served as an assistant professor of orthopedic surgery for the University of Cincinnati. He is currently a reviewer for the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery and the Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the Orthopaedic Trauma Association and the Mid-America Orthopaedic Association. Dr. Avilucea remains actively involved in clinical research and medical education.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Medical EducationUniversity of New Mexico School of Medicine
ResidencyUniversity of Utah Orthopaedic Center
FellowshipVanderbilt University: Orthopaedic Traumatology and Post-Traumatic Reconstruction; Limb Lengthening Reconstruction Society
Orlando Health Jewett Orthopedic Institute Downtown Complex - Medical Pavilion
60 Columbia Street
Orlando, FL 32806 Phone: (321) 843-5851
- Orlando Health Jewett Orthopedic Institute Downtown Complex - Medical Pavilion
Orlando Health Jewett Orthopedic Institute Downtown Complex - Medical Pavilion60 Columbia Street
Orlando, FL 32806Call: (321) 843-5851Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Orlando Health Jewett Orthopedic Institute - Lake Mary - Rinehart Road
392 Rinehart Rd.
Lake Mary, FL 32746 Phone: (321) 843-5851
This is a comprehensive list of insurances accepted at Orlando Health hospitals, outpatient services and physician groups. Be sure to contact your individual insurer to verify coverage. Not all providers accept the same insurance. If possible, check with your providers prior to your procedure or appointment to verify coverage.
- Accountable PPO
- Aetna Commercial
- Aetna Better Health
- Aetna Healthcare Exchange
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Aetna Public & Labor
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Aetna Whole Health
- Align Senior Care Medicare Advantage
- Assured Assistance International
- Ambetter from Sunshine Health Healthcare Exchange
- AmeriHealth Caritas Florida
- AvMed Health Plans
- AvMed Healthcare Exchange
- AvMed Medicare Advantage
- Beech Street Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans HMO and PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Health Options - Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - BlueOptions
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Blue Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - MyBlue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Simply Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Truli for Health
- Carelon Behavioral Health (fka Beacon Health Options)
- CarePlus Medicare Advantage
- Cega Group Services International
- Centivo Health
- Cigna Healthcare Commercial (excluding SureFit)
- Cigna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Cigna Healthcare Exchange
- CorVel Workers Compensation
- Coventry Commercial
- Coventry Workers Compensation
Why do some Orlando Health physicians not have a patient experience rating?
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions, shown above, from our nationally-recognized Press-Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Orlando Health.
Ratings may not be present for certain physicians of Orlando Health Physician Group and Orlando Health Physician Associates because:
- The physician has not yet met the minimum number of 30 patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display.
- They may be a researcher or type of provider that does not see patients.
- They may practice in a specialty or office that has not yet implemented the specified surveys used for these ratings.