Address: 1222 S. Orange Ave
Orlando, FL 32806
Call: (321) 843-5851
Fax: (321) 841-7727
Katherine Aponte is a certified physician assistant (PA-C) with the Orlando Health Jewett Orthopedic Institute, specializing in conservative treatment of spine-related issues and assisting in spine surgery. Her experience includes:
- Neck and lower back pain
- Lumbar and cervical stenosis and radiculopathy
- Cervical and lumbar fusions
- ACL reconstruction
- Rotator cuff repair
- Knee and shoulder arthroplasty
- Knee cartilage restoration procedures
- Shoulder labrum repair
Katherine also assists in sports injury surgeries and evaluates and treats patients at walk-in orthopedic clinics. She believes every patient deserves to be treated with the utmost care and respect.
Katherine received her bachelor's degree in business administration from the University of Central Florida in Orlando. She earned her master's in physician assistant studies from AdventHealth University in Orlando.
Katherine is certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants and licensed as a PA with prescribing qualifications by the Florida Department of Health. She is a member of Physician Assistants in Orthopedic Surgery and Florida Academy of Physician Assistants.
As a PA student, Katherine traveled to Honduras on a mission trip where she and other volunteers provided medical care to more than 800 patients in seven days. She also has volunteered with Shepherd's Hope, a free clinic for the uninsured in Central Florida.
Outside of work, Katherine enjoys spending quality time with her husband and daughter, working out, mountain biking and traveling. She also likes home renovation projects.
Medical EducationAdventHealth University
Orlando Health Jewett Orthopedic Institute - Downtown Orlando
1222 S. Orange Ave
Orlando, FL 32806 Phone: (321) 843-5851
Orlando Health Jewett Orthopedic Institute - Lake Mary - Platinum Point
701 Platinum Point
Lake Mary, FL 32746 Phone: (407) 629-2444
- Orlando Health Jewett Orthopedic Institute - Lake Mary - Platinum Point
Orlando Health Jewett Orthopedic InstituteOrlando Health Jewett Orthopedic Institute - Lake Mary - Platinum Point701 Platinum Point
Lake Mary, FL 32746Call: (407) 629-2444Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
24/7 Appointment Scheduling Available
This is a comprehensive list of insurances accepted at Orlando Health hospitals, outpatient services and physician groups. Be sure to contact your individual insurer to verify coverage. Not all providers accept the same insurance. If possible, check with your providers prior to your procedure or appointment to verify coverage.
- Accountable PPO
- Aetna Commercial
- Aetna Better Health
- Aetna Healthcare Exchange
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Aetna Public & Labor
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Aetna Whole Health
- Align Senior Care Medicare Advantage
- Assured Assistance International
- Ambetter from Sunshine Health Healthcare Exchange
- AmeriHealth Caritas Florida
- AvMed Health Plans
- AvMed Healthcare Exchange
- AvMed Medicare Advantage
- Beech Street Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans HMO and PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Health Options - Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - BlueOptions
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Blue Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - MyBlue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Simply Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Truli for Health
- Carelon Behavioral Health (fka Beacon Health Options)
- CarePlus Medicare Advantage
- Cega Group Services International
- Centivo Health
- Cigna Healthcare Commercial (excluding SureFit)
- Cigna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Cigna Healthcare Exchange
- CorVel Workers Compensation
- Coventry Commercial
- Coventry Workers Compensation
Why do some Orlando Health physicians not have a patient experience rating?
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions, shown above, from our nationally-recognized Press-Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Orlando Health.
Ratings may not be present for certain physicians of Orlando Health Physician Group and Orlando Health Physician Associates because:
- The physician has not yet met the minimum number of 30 patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display.
- They may be a researcher or type of provider that does not see patients.
- They may practice in a specialty or office that has not yet implemented the specified surveys used for these ratings.