Marilyn Fleming is a board-certified nurse-midwife (CNM) with Orlando Health Physician Associates who has been caring for women and babies in Central Florida since 2011. As a nurse-midwife, Marilyn provides care to women before, during and after they give birth, which includes assisting with deliveries. Her skills include:
- Performing obstetrical triage
- Treating minor gynecological concerns
- Providing patient counseling and education
- Conducting well-woman examinations
- Managing contraceptives
- Assessing and caring for low-risk patients during the prenatal, intrapartum and postpartum period
Marilyn believes her positive attitude and calm demeanor are essential to providing her patients with family-centered care.
Marilyn earned her Master of Science in nursing (MSN) with a nurse-midwife certification from Frontier Nursing University in Hyden, Kentucky. She received bachelor’s degrees in nursing and psychology from the University of Central Florida in Orlando.
Marilyn is skilled in neonatal resuscitation and fetal heart monitoring. She is certified with the American Midwifery Certification Board and is licensed in Florida as an advanced practice registered nurse (APRN). Marilyn is fluent in English and Spanish.