The Wellness Place - Winter Park
Address: 600 N. Virginia Ave.
Winter Park, FL 32789
Call: (407) 599-3434
Mary Kay Hansen is a certified family nurse practitioner (FNP-C) with The Wellness Place in Winter Park. She cares for city employees and their dependents of all ages, and her experience includes:
- Primary and acute care
- Preventive screenings
- Routine pediatric school and sports physicals
- Annual physical exams, including Life Scan follow-up for police officers and firefighters
- Well-woman visits
- Routine lab work
- Complex chronic disease management, including hypertension, diabetes, high cholesterol and migraines
- Specialist referrals
- Mental health care and referrals
- Flu vaccinations and immunizations
- Disease prevention education
- Trigger point injections
She comes to Central Florida after more than two decades in North Carolina, where her healthcare roles included serving as a registered nurse on a hospital trauma floor and as a family nurse practitioner in an internal medicine office.
Mary Kay applies her passion for empowering patients to ensure they are involved and motivated in their care.
Mary Kay’s Training
Mary Kay received her associate degree in nursing from Mitchell Community College in Statesville, North Carolina. She earned her master’s in nursing from the University of Phoenix, where she was inducted into the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing. She completed her post-master’s certification as a family nurse practitioner at Graceland University in Independence, Missouri.
About Mary Kay
Mary Kay is certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center and is licensed as an advanced practice registered nurse by the Florida Department of Health. She is a member of the American Nurses Association.
Medical EducationGraceland University/University of Phoenix
The Wellness Place - Winter Park
600 N. Virginia Ave.
Winter Park, FL 32789 Phone: (407) 599-3434
This is a comprehensive list of insurances accepted at Orlando Health hospitals, outpatient services and physician groups. Be sure to contact your individual insurer to verify coverage. Not all providers accept the same insurance. If possible, check with your providers prior to your procedure or appointment to verify coverage.
- Accountable PPO
- Aetna Commercial
- Aetna Better Health
- Aetna Healthcare Exchange
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Aetna Public & Labor
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Aetna Whole Health
- Align Senior Care Medicare Advantage
- Assured Assistance International
- Ambetter from Sunshine Health Healthcare Exchange
- AmeriHealth Caritas Florida
- AvMed Health Plans
- AvMed Healthcare Exchange
- AvMed Medicare Advantage
- Beech Street Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans HMO and PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Health Options - Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - BlueOptions
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Blue Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - MyBlue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Simply Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Truli for Health
- Carelon Behavioral Health (fka Beacon Health Options)
- CarePlus Medicare Advantage
- Cega Group Services International
- Centivo Health
- Cigna Healthcare Commercial (excluding SureFit)
- Cigna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Cigna Healthcare Exchange
- CorVel Workers Compensation
- Coventry Commercial
- Coventry Workers Compensation
Why do some Orlando Health physicians not have a patient experience rating?
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions, shown above, from our nationally-recognized Press-Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Orlando Health.
Ratings may not be present for certain physicians of Orlando Health Physician Group and Orlando Health Physician Associates because:
- The physician has not yet met the minimum number of 30 patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display.
- They may be a researcher or type of provider that does not see patients.
- They may practice in a specialty or office that has not yet implemented the specified surveys used for these ratings.