Dr. Mary-Kavitha Reddy Vangala is a board-certified critical care medicine physician at Orlando Health Lung and Sleep Medicine Group, with expertise in diagnosing and treating patients with possible life-threatening conditions. She also is board-certified in pulmonary disease and internal medicine.
She joined Orlando Health in 2010 and mostly recently provided pulmonary and critical care at Orlando Health Dr. P. Phillips Hospital.
Dr. Vangala’s Training
Dr. Vangala received her medical training at Kasturba Medical College in India. She completed an internal medicine residency at the Brooklyn Hospital Center in New York, where she was chief resident her senior year. Dr. Vangala performed a pulmonary fellowship at the Brooklyn Hospital Center, followed by a critical care medicine fellowship at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York.
About Dr. Vangala
She is triple board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Dr. Vangala is a member of the Society of Critical Care Medicine, the American College of Chest Physicians and the American Thoracic Society.
Her work has appeared in peer-reviewed medical journals and other publications.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Critical Care Meidicine
Medical EducationKasturba Medical College, Mangalore
ResidencyBrooklyn Hospital-Caldonian Hospital
FellowshipMount Sinai Hospital
Orlando Health Medical Group Lung and Sleep Medicine - Ocoee
10000 W. Colonial Dr
Orlando, FL 34761 Phone: (321) 841-7856
This is a comprehensive list of insurances accepted at Orlando Health hospitals, outpatient services and physician groups. Be sure to contact your individual insurer to verify coverage. Not all providers accept the same insurance. If possible, check with your providers prior to your procedure or appointment to verify coverage.
- Accountable PPO
- Aetna Commercial
- Aetna Better Health
- Aetna Healthcare Exchange
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Aetna Public & Labor
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Aetna Whole Health
- Align Senior Care Medicare Advantage
- Assured Assistance International
- Ambetter from Sunshine Health Healthcare Exchange
- AmeriHealth Caritas Florida
- AvMed Health Plans
- AvMed Healthcare Exchange
- AvMed Medicare Advantage
- Beech Street Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans HMO and PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Health Options - Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - BlueOptions
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Blue Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - MyBlue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Simply Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Truli for Health
- Carelon Behavioral Health (fka Beacon Health Options)
- CarePlus Medicare Advantage
- Cega Group Services International
- Centivo Health
- Cigna Healthcare Commercial (excluding SureFit)
- Cigna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Cigna Healthcare Exchange
- CorVel Workers Compensation
- Coventry Commercial
- Coventry Workers Compensation
Why do some Orlando Health physicians not have a patient experience rating?
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions, shown above, from our nationally-recognized Press-Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Orlando Health.
Ratings may not be present for certain physicians of Orlando Health Physician Group and Orlando Health Physician Associates because:
- The physician has not yet met the minimum number of 30 patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display.
- They may be a researcher or type of provider that does not see patients.
- They may practice in a specialty or office that has not yet implemented the specified surveys used for these ratings.