Dr. Michael Hanna is a board-certified cardiothoracic surgeon with the Orlando Health Heart & Vascular Institute. He is board certified in thoracic surgery and general surgery, and his areas of specialty include:
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Beating heart surgery
- Mitral valve repair surgery
- Minimally invasive valve surgery
- Arrhythmia surgery
- Aortic and aneurysm repair surgery
- Structural heart therapies, including TAVR and MitraClip
Cardiothoracic Surgery and Heart Care
Dr. Hanna is a recipient of the AATS Foundation Graham fellowship grant in robotic thoracic surgery. He has contributed several publications to peer-reviewed journals and has presented at numerous regional and national meetings. Dr. Hanna is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons and a member of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons. He is fluent in both English and Arabic.
Dr. Hanna’s Training
Dr. Hanna received his medical degree from St. George’s University School of Medicine in Grenada, where he graduated cum laude. He completed his residency in general surgery at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, where he also served as chief resident. His fellowship in thoracic surgery was performed at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh. Dr. Hanna also earned a master’s of biomedical sciences (MS) from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in Camden.
- American Board of Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
Medical EducationSt. George's University School of Medicine
ResidencyTexas Tech University Health Sciences Center
FellowshipAllegheny General Hospital
Michael N. Hanna, MD - Cardiothoracic Surgery
1222 S. Orange Ave
Orlando, FL 32806 Phone: (321) 841-7700
Orlando Health Heart & Vascular Institute
1222 S. Orange Ave.
Orlando, FL 32806 Phone: (321) 841-6444
This is a comprehensive list of insurances accepted at Orlando Health hospitals, outpatient services and physician groups. Be sure to contact your individual insurer to verify coverage. Not all providers accept the same insurance. If possible, check with your providers prior to your procedure or appointment to verify coverage.
- Accountable PPO
- Aetna Commercial
- Aetna Better Health
- Aetna Healthcare Exchange
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Aetna Public & Labor
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Aetna Whole Health
- Align Senior Care Medicare Advantage
- Assured Assistance International
- Ambetter from Sunshine Health Healthcare Exchange
- AmeriHealth Caritas Florida
- AvMed Health Plans
- AvMed Healthcare Exchange
- AvMed Medicare Advantage
- Beech Street Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans HMO and PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Health Options - Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - BlueOptions
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Blue Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - MyBlue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Simply Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Truli for Health
- Carelon Behavioral Health (fka Beacon Health Options)
- CarePlus Medicare Advantage
- Cega Group Services International
- Centivo Health
- Cigna Healthcare Commercial (excluding SureFit)
- Cigna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Cigna Healthcare Exchange
- CorVel Workers Compensation
- Coventry Commercial
- Coventry Workers Compensation
Why do some Orlando Health physicians not have a patient experience rating?
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions, shown above, from our nationally-recognized Press-Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Orlando Health.
Ratings may not be present for certain physicians of Orlando Health Physician Group and Orlando Health Physician Associates because:
- The physician has not yet met the minimum number of 30 patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display.
- They may be a researcher or type of provider that does not see patients.
- They may practice in a specialty or office that has not yet implemented the specified surveys used for these ratings.
- English (CC)