Michael Kahky, MD, FACS, is a board-certified surgeon with the Breast Cancer Center at Orlando Health Cancer Institute, where he serves as team leader for surgical oncology. He is a member of the multidisciplinary group of experts who provide the most advanced care to patients.
Dr. Kahky earned his medical degree from State University of New York (SUNY) Downstate Medical Center in New York City, where he also completed his residency in general surgery. He then completed a fellowship at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.
Previously, Dr. Kahky served as chief of surgery at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Orlando and as an instructor in his field at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, and SUNY Downstate University.
Dr. Kahky has published numerous articles in peerreviewed medical journals. He is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS) and a member of the Society of Surgical Oncology, Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract, and the American Society of Breast Surgeons.
- American Board of Surgery
Medical EducationState University of New York, Downstate Medical Center
ResidencySUNY Downstate Medical Center
FellowshipUniversity of Texas-M.D. Anderson Hospital
Orlando Health Cancer Institute - Breast Care Center
83 W. Miller St.
Orlando, FL 32806 Phone: (321) 843-8370
Orlando Health Cancer Institute - Lake Mary
210 Rinehart Rd.
Lake Mary, FL 32746 Phone: (321) 843-2100
Breast Care Center
9900 W. Colonial Dr.
Ocoee, FL 34761 Phone: (321) 843-7440
This is a comprehensive list of insurances accepted at Orlando Health hospitals, outpatient services and physician groups. Be sure to contact your individual insurer to verify coverage. Not all providers accept the same insurance. If possible, check with your providers prior to your procedure or appointment to verify coverage.
- Accountable PPO
- Aetna Commercial
- Aetna Better Health
- Aetna Healthcare Exchange
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Aetna Public & Labor
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Aetna Whole Health
- Align Senior Care Medicare Advantage
- Assured Assistance International
- Ambetter from Sunshine Health Healthcare Exchange
- AmeriHealth Caritas Florida
- AvMed Health Plans
- AvMed Healthcare Exchange
- AvMed Medicare Advantage
- Beech Street Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans HMO and PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Health Options - Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - BlueOptions
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Blue Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - MyBlue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Simply Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Truli for Health
- Carelon Behavioral Health (fka Beacon Health Options)
- CarePlus Medicare Advantage
- Cega Group Services International
- Centivo Health
- Cigna Healthcare Commercial (excluding SureFit)
- Cigna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Cigna Healthcare Exchange
- CorVel Workers Compensation
- Coventry Commercial
- Coventry Workers Compensation
Why do some Orlando Health physicians not have a patient experience rating?
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions, shown above, from our nationally-recognized Press-Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Orlando Health.
Ratings may not be present for certain physicians of Orlando Health Physician Group and Orlando Health Physician Associates because:
- The physician has not yet met the minimum number of 30 patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display.
- They may be a researcher or type of provider that does not see patients.
- They may practice in a specialty or office that has not yet implemented the specified surveys used for these ratings.
- English (CC)