Orlando Health Cancer Institute - Ocoee
Address: 9900 W. Colonial Dr.
Ocoee, FL 34761
Call: (321) 841-5169
Mickey Liao, MD, is board certified in internal medicine, hematology, medical oncology and geriatric medicine.
Dr. Liao graduated from the Pennsylvania State University Accelerated Premedical-Medical Program. He received his medical degree from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia. He later participated in the Graduate Training Program in Translational Investigation at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA).
Dr. Liao completed a Post-Sophomore Fellowship in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, an Internal Medicine Internship and Residency at the University of Illinois at Chicago, and a Chief Medical Residency at the Jesse Brown Veterans Affairs Medical Center also in Chicago. He then completed Hematology, Medical Oncology and Geriatric Medicine Fellowships all at UCLA.
While at the University of Illinois, he was awarded The Gold Foundation Humanism and Excellence in Teaching Award and the AOA Clinical Teaching Award. Dr. Liao has presented his research at several national meetings including the annual meetings of the American Society of Hematology and the American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation. He is an associate member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology. His clinical interests include specialized oncologic care of our aging population.
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Hematology
- American Board of Internal Med. - Medical Oncology
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Geriatric Med
Medical EducationThomas Jefferson University
ResidencyUniv. of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago
FellowshipUniversity of California (Los Angeles)
Orlando Health Cancer Institute - Ocoee
9900 W. Colonial Dr.
Ocoee, FL 34761 Phone: (321) 841-5169
This is a comprehensive list of insurances accepted at Orlando Health hospitals, outpatient services and physician groups. Be sure to contact your individual insurer to verify coverage. Not all providers accept the same insurance. If possible, check with your providers prior to your procedure or appointment to verify coverage.
- Accountable PPO
- Aetna Commercial
- Aetna Better Health
- Aetna Healthcare Exchange
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Aetna Public & Labor
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Aetna Whole Health
- Align Senior Care Medicare Advantage
- Assured Assistance International
- Ambetter from Sunshine Health Healthcare Exchange
- AmeriHealth Caritas Florida
- AvMed Health Plans
- AvMed Healthcare Exchange
- AvMed Medicare Advantage
- Beech Street Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans HMO and PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Health Options - Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - BlueOptions
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Blue Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - MyBlue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Simply Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Truli for Health
- Carelon Behavioral Health (fka Beacon Health Options)
- CarePlus Medicare Advantage
- Cega Group Services International
- Centivo Health
- Cigna Healthcare Commercial (excluding SureFit)
- Cigna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Cigna Healthcare Exchange
- CorVel Workers Compensation
- Coventry Commercial
- Coventry Workers Compensation
Why do some Orlando Health physicians not have a patient experience rating?
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions, shown above, from our nationally-recognized Press-Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Orlando Health.
Ratings may not be present for certain physicians of Orlando Health Physician Group and Orlando Health Physician Associates because:
- The physician has not yet met the minimum number of 30 patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display.
- They may be a researcher or type of provider that does not see patients.
- They may practice in a specialty or office that has not yet implemented the specified surveys used for these ratings.