Address: 21 W. Columbia St.
Orlando, FL 32806
Call: (321) 841-6060
Fax: (321) 841-2442
Dr. Renae Shibata is a board-certified gynecologic surgeon with Orlando Health Women's Institute Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery. She specializes in minimally invasive gynecologic surgery for:
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Uterine anomalies
- Isthmocele repair
- Ovarian cysts
- Adnexal masses
- Interstitial ectopic or cesarean scar ectopic pregnancy
Dr. Shibata believes in compassionate and patient-centered care married with surgical and clinical excellence, with the goal of giving patients the best outcomes possible. She emphasizes a team approach to care and empowering women and supporting them throughout various stages of their lives.
She offers patients a variety of treatment options for complex gynecologic conditions, including advanced laparoscopy, robotic-assisted surgery, incisionless transcervical fibroid radiofrequency ablation (SONATA), and office and operative hysteroscopy.
Dr. Shibata’s Training
She received her bachelor's degree in physiology and neuroscience from the University of California at San Diego. Dr. Shibata earned her medical degree from the Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine in Rochester, Michigan. She completed an obstetrics and gynecology residency at Hofstra University Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra-Northwell Health in Manhasset, New York, and a minimally invasive gynecologic surgery fellowship at the Northwell Health Northshore University Hospital in Manhasset.
About Dr. Shibata
Dr. Shibata is board certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology and licensed as a medical doctor by the Florida Department of Health. She is a member of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Society of Laparascopic and Robotic Surgeons, and American Medical Association.
She has coauthored published work on gynecologic surgery, recurrent pregnancy loss and surgical imaging.
Outside of work, Dr. Shibata enjoys spending time with family, traveling, running and hiking.
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Medical EducationOakland University
Orlando Health Women's Institute Center for Advanced Gynecology & Minimally Invasive Surgery - Downtown Orlando
21 W. Columbia St.
Orlando, FL 32806 Phone: (321) 841-6060
- Orlando Health Women's Institute Center for Advanced Gynecology & Minimally Invasive Surgery - Downtown Orlando
Specialty Care - AdultOrlando Health Women's Institute Center for Advanced Gynecology & Minimally Invasive Surgery - Downtown Orlando21 W. Columbia St.
Orlando, FL 32806Call: (321) 841-6060
Orlando Health Women's Institute Center for Urogynecology - Clermont
1900 Don Wickham Drive
Suite 140 C
Clermont, FL 34711 Phone: (321) 841-6060
This is a comprehensive list of insurances accepted at Orlando Health hospitals, outpatient services and physician groups. Be sure to contact your individual insurer to verify coverage. Not all providers accept the same insurance. If possible, check with your providers prior to your procedure or appointment to verify coverage.
- Accountable PPO
- Aetna Commercial
- Aetna Better Health
- Aetna Healthcare Exchange
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Aetna Public & Labor
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Aetna Whole Health
- Align Senior Care Medicare Advantage
- Assured Assistance International
- Ambetter from Sunshine Health Healthcare Exchange
- AmeriHealth Caritas Florida
- AvMed Health Plans
- AvMed Healthcare Exchange
- AvMed Medicare Advantage
- Beech Street Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans HMO and PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Health Options - Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - BlueOptions
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Blue Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - MyBlue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Simply Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Truli for Health
- Carelon Behavioral Health (fka Beacon Health Options)
- CarePlus Medicare Advantage
- Cega Group Services International
- Centivo Health
- Cigna Healthcare Commercial (excluding SureFit)
- Cigna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Cigna Healthcare Exchange
- CorVel Workers Compensation
- Coventry Commercial
- Coventry Workers Compensation
Why do some Orlando Health physicians not have a patient experience rating?
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions, shown above, from our nationally-recognized Press-Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Orlando Health.
Ratings may not be present for certain physicians of Orlando Health Physician Group and Orlando Health Physician Associates because:
- The physician has not yet met the minimum number of 30 patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display.
- They may be a researcher or type of provider that does not see patients.
- They may practice in a specialty or office that has not yet implemented the specified surveys used for these ratings.