Med Ed Critical Care Intensivists
Address: 86 W Underwood ST
STE 102, MP 53
Orlando, FL 32806
- Critical Care Medicine
- Nephrology Fellow at Elmhurst Hospital, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Elmhurst, NY (July 2013 – June 2015)
- Critical Care Medicine Fellow at Mount Sinai Hospital, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY (July 2012-June 2013)
- Internal Medicine Resident at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center, an academic affiliate of Weill Medical College of Cornell University, NY (July 2009-June 2012)
- Medical School (M.B.B.S.) at B.J.Medical College, Ahmedabad ,India (September 2002 – March 2008)
- Board certified in Critical Care medicine- October 2016
- Fellow of American Society of Nephrology (FASN)- January 2016
- Board certified in Nephrology- November 2015
- Board certified in Internal Medicine- August 2012
- Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine at University of Central Florida (UCF) College of Medicine till 2020
- Ultrasound-Guided Evaluation of New AV Fistulas Safely Decreases Time to First Cannulation (ASN kidney week, 2015)
- Utility of bedside ultrasonography in outpatient hemodialysis patients for AVF cannulation-an observational study (NKF Spring Meeting, 2015)
- Unusual association of chronic kidney disease, multiple sclerosis and heart failure ( NKF Spring Meeting ,2015)
- Role of Critical Care Nephrology on ICU outcomes. (ASN kidney week, November 2014)
- Impact of nursing home patients undergoing hemodialysis on emergency room and hospital admissions in Northeast USA. (ASN kidney week, November 2014)
- Case of novel use of existing technology for better patient outcomes in outpatient hemodialysis unit (ASAIO, June 2014)
- Case of bedside ultrasonography for difficult AVF cannulation in hemodialysis (NKF spring meeting, April 2014).
- Rare case of severe isolated hypomagnesaemia in adult ( Icahn school of medicine research day, June 2014)
Honors, Awards and Distinctions
- Served as a Judge for AMA (American Medical Association) Research Symposiums 2016, Orlando, FL.
- AAPI QLI (American Association of Physician of Indian Origin, Queens and Long Island chapter) top researcher award (2014)
- Best house staff award at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center, an academic affiliate of Weill Medical College of Cornell University, NY. (2012)
- Award of appreciation from department of nursing at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center, an academic affiliate of Weill Medical College of Cornell University, NY. (2012)
- Patel R, Stern A, Brown M, Chang R (2015) An Unusual Association of Demyelinating Disease, Chronic Kidney Disease and Heart Failure. J Mult Scler 2:143. doi: 10.4172/2376-0389.1000143
- Patel RA, Stern AS, Brown M, Bhatti S. Bedside Ultrasonography for Arteriovenous Fistula Cannulation. Semin Dial.2015 (4):433-4. doi: 10.1111/sdi.12394. Epub 2015 May 27.
How Patient Satisfaction Reviews Are Controlled
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions, shown above, from our nationally-recognized Press-Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Orlando Health.