Dr. Scott Marsel was born in Nassau County, New York and grew up in New York City and Long Island. Dr. Marsel received his BA and MD degrees in Brooklyn, New York and went on to do his internal medicine residency at Beth-Israel Hospital in New York City, where he had the honor of serving as the Chief Medical Resident.
Dr. Marsel moved to Central Florida in 1999, where he continues to provide primary care internal medicine for his patients. Dr. Marsel prides himself on spending ample time with his patients and listening to their needs. He typically spends half an hour with both new patients and those coming in for annual visits, something other doctors are not always able to do.
Along with Dr. Truc Tran, Dr. Marsel admits and cares for patients in both the inpatient and outpatient setting of Health Central Hospital - a campus of Orlando Regional Health – and also serves as a member of their Credentialing Committee. Dr. Marsel has been a speaker on topics including cholesterol management, diabetes, vaccinations, and preventative health issues. He prides himself on providing preventative care while educating his patients about disease prevention and treatment.
Dr. Marsel currently resides in Windermere with his wife and three children, who attend West Orange High School. In his free time, Dr. Marsel enjoys sports, movies, running, traveling, comedy and music.
S.U.N.Y Health Science Center, Brooklyn, NY
Beth Israel Medical Center, NY, NY
Board Certified, Internal Medicine
Englewood Hospital Restraints Reduction Committee
Englewood Hospital IPA Utilization Committee
Chief Resident for Internal Medicine, Learn and Earn Program, Beth Israel Medical Center
Summa Cum Laude, Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, NY
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Medical EducationSUNY at Brooklyn
ResidencyIcahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai/Beth Israe
Scott Marsel, MD - Internal Medicine
10000 W. Colonial Dr.
Ocoee, FL 34761 Phone: 407.296.1923
Orlando Health - Health Central Hospital
10000 W. Colonial Dr
Ocoee, FL 34761 Phone: (407) 296-1000
This is a comprehensive list of insurances accepted at Orlando Health hospitals, outpatient services and physician groups. Be sure to contact your individual insurer to verify coverage. Not all providers accept the same insurance. If possible, check with your providers prior to your procedure or appointment to verify coverage.
- Accountable PPO
- Aetna Commercial
- Aetna Better Health
- Aetna Healthcare Exchange
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Aetna Public & Labor
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Aetna Whole Health
- Align Senior Care Medicare Advantage
- Assured Assistance International
- Ambetter from Sunshine Health Healthcare Exchange
- AmeriHealth Caritas Florida
- AvMed Health Plans
- AvMed Healthcare Exchange
- AvMed Medicare Advantage
- Beech Street Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue Medicare Advantage Plans HMO and PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Health Options - Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - BlueOptions
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Blue Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - MyBlue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Simply Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Truli for Health
- Carelon Behavioral Health (fka Beacon Health Options)
- CarePlus Medicare Advantage
- Cega Group Services International
- Centivo Health
- Cigna Healthcare Commercial (excluding SureFit)
- Cigna Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO
- Cigna Healthcare Exchange
- CorVel Workers Compensation
- Coventry Commercial
- Coventry Workers Compensation
Why do some Orlando Health physicians not have a patient experience rating?
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions, shown above, from our nationally-recognized Press-Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Orlando Health.
Ratings may not be present for certain physicians of Orlando Health Physician Group and Orlando Health Physician Associates because:
- The physician has not yet met the minimum number of 30 patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display.
- They may be a researcher or type of provider that does not see patients.
- They may practice in a specialty or office that has not yet implemented the specified surveys used for these ratings.