Susilla Cory is an advanced practice registered nurse in cardiology with the Orlando Health Heart and Vascular Institute. Her duties include:
- Caring for cardiology patients
- Performing physical assessments of patients
- Ordering and interpreting lab tests
- Coordinating with cardiovascular surgeons
- Prescribing and monitoring medications
- Educating and communicating with families
Susilla is an advocate for her patients and has provided compassionate care in Central Florida for more than 15 years. Her care philosophy is to treat patients as if they were family, making sure they understand their treatment plans. She decided to become a cardiac nurse after her mother suffered a heart attack.
Susilla earned a bachelor’s degree in nursing at Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale and a Master of Science in nursing (MSN) in the family nurse practitioner program at Chamberlain University.
Outside of work, she enjoys listening to podcasts about cardiology and crime stories, playing with her cat, traveling and spending time with family.