Pumpkin spice season is in full swing! Oatmeal is full of healthy properties, including fiber and antioxidants, so you can enjoy this sweet treat regret-free.
Yield: 4 servings
• 1 cup pumpkin puree
• 2 cups nonfat milk (may use almond, soy, Fairlife or Lactaid)
• 2 cups rolled oats
• 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 Tbsp maple syrup (or use 2 packets stevia to reduce calories and carbs)
1. Place 1 cup pumpkin in a pan and heat over medium heat, stirring for 5 minutes. Add 2 cups water and 2 cups milk. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil.
2. Stir in 2 cups oats and pumpkin pie spice. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, until thickened.
3. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and maple syrup or stevia.
Choose to Stay in Touch
Sign up to receive the latest health news and trends, wellness & prevention tips, and much more from Orlando Health.