About the Center for Advanced Endoscopy, Research & Education
Orlando Health is home to a team of world-renowned advanced endoscopists who are specially trained and experienced in providing the most advanced treatments for complex digestive diseases.
The physicians within our Orlando Health Digestive Health Institute Center for Advanced Endoscopy, Research & Education (CARE) use the latest therapeutic endoscopy techniques (treatments performed through thin, flexible endoscope tubes) to address a range of complex conditions. This higher level of care (also called tertiary care) means patients undergo complex treatments through minimally invasive methods while experiencing fewer complications and hospitalizations.
Our doctors, who also are leaders in digestive disease research, are frequently referred to for advanced endoscopic care for patients across the U.S. and around the world. Our team is well known for their leadership in several areas, including endoscopic ultrasound (EUS), luminal interventions, endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) and third space endoscopy.
At CARE, we offer several unique services that are not available regionally, statewide or even nationally. Some of our program highlights include:
- Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy (ESWL): This technology is utilized for the treatment of stones in chronic pancreatitis that might otherwise require major surgery.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): In collaboration with academic centers in Europe, physicians at CARE are developing novel AI algorithms that can be utilized at endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) to identify and diagnose small cancers that can otherwise be missed.
- Treatment Algorithms: Dedicated treatment algorithms for upper gastrointestinal bleeding, bile duct stones, pancreatic cysts and luminal neoplasia resection are being validated in clinical trials. These treatment options enable delivery of state-of-the-art care and access to latest techniques and technology.
- Endoscopic Technologies: All major endoscopic manufacturers — Olympus, Pentax and Fujifilm — are represented in CARE, thereby providing patients access to all the latest endoscopic technologies available anywhere in the world.
- NaviCam: This miniaturized wireless endoscope in a single-use capsule, remotely controlled by magnetic guidance hardware, that can diagnose diseases in the upper gastrointestinal tract.
Conditions and Treatments
Research and Education
Meet the Team