Commitment to Excellence
Demonstrating a commitment to
the highest quality care, the Orlando
Health ORMC Institute for Advanced
Rehabilitation has received accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) in stroke, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury
and comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation programs
Our inpatient medical rehabilitation program treats patients age 12 and up. Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center Institute for Advanced Rehabilitation patients directly benefit from Orlando Health’s network of services, including specialized physicians, state-of-the-art equipment and diagnostic services, and treatment options not available at other centers. Orlando Health ORMC Institute for Advanced Rehabilitation also has the unique distinction of being within the same hospital as the region’s only Level One Trauma Center at ORMC, where critical care services and physicians have knowledge of the patient from the onset of their injury or illness.
Conveniently located on the top floors of the ORMC North Bed Tower, the institute focuses on the rehabilitation of patients following a recent hospitalization or to prevent acute episodes of rehospitalization. Orlando Health ORMC Institute for Advanced Rehabilitation is recognized by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). CARF recognizes our 4 specialty programs as meeting the highest standards in quality, safety and outcome measures, which provide risk-reduction and accountability in our patient care.
- Brain Injury Program
- Spinal Cord Injury Program
- Stroke Program
- Comprehensive Integrated Inpatient Rehabilitation Program
The inpatient rehabilitation team includes:
- Advanced Nurse Practitioners
- Pediatric Specialists from Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children (for our adolescent patients)
- Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurses
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Nursing Assistants
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Language Pathologists
- Recreational Therapists
- Registered Dieticians
- Respiratory Therapists
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers
- Support Services team members
We are proud to offer some of the most advanced technology to assist our patients on their path to recovery;
- Aretech ZeroG: Treadmill Training
- Bioness Vector
- Armeo: robotics for arm training
- Pressure Mapping Systems:
- Virtual Reality Training
- InFocus Monopad
Scope of Service
We have provided our Scope of Service documents that detail each of our accredited rehabilitation programs. Within these documents, you’ll find answers to questions such as:
- How does someone become a patient or get admitted?
- Who is an appropriate candidate for the Spinal Cord Injury Program?
- What type of specialists work at Orlando Health ORMC Institute for Advanced Rehabilitation?
- What services are offered for Brain Injury patients?
- How does Orlando Health ORMC Institute for Advanced Rehabilitation help Stroke patients recover?
There is detailed information for you in each of these Scope of Service documents, so you can understand how our programs operate.