Clinical Social Work Services
The Role of the Social Worker
Clinical Social Workers play a vital role in the care team. After a patient is admitted to the Home Health, a Clinical Social Worker may conduct a psychological assessment to help determine a patients needs and identify any limitations, barriers or safety issues that might impede recovery. Dedicated Clinical Social Worker will also educate patients and families regarding community resources and support, and assist with long range planning, including advance care planning and directives, and overall care opportunities.
Our Clinical Social Workers work with the patients and families to keep patients at home in a safe and healthy environment.
Clinical Social Work Services include:
- Community resource planning and coordination
- Advance directives (Power of Attorney for Health Care or Living Will)
- Assistance in emotional adjustments to life changes
- Crisis intervention
- Counseling with life-style changes
- Teaching regarding coping with loss and change
- Grief counseling/coping with impeding loss
To inquire about Orlando Health Home Care services for yourself, a family member or a friend, please call us at 407.854.3100.