South Seminole Hospital is dedicated to excellence in patient care, including meeting the spiritual and emotional needs of our patients, families and team members, delivered with compassion and respect for human dignity. Our chaplains are clinically trained to provide ecumenical and interfaith support to all persons and work closely with the multidisciplinary hospital team in extending care.
A chaplain can provide a safe place in which to discuss your concerns or fears. Simply having the calm, experienced presence of a person trained in providing support can aid in emotional comfort and decrease stress. As our patients entrust our medical team with caring for their physical needs, we encourage them to entrust our Spiritual Care team with caring for their emotional and spiritual needs.
Chaplains are available 24/7 to assist with:
- Seeking inner peace and strength
- Anxiety and depression
- Grief and loss
- Bereavement Support
- Personal concerns, family concerns, job and business concerns
- To bring you a Bible, sacred texts, or holy writings from specific faith traditions
- Sacraments and religious rituals
- To assist you in contacting religious leaders from your faith tradition
- Family meetings
- Assist in communicating patients spiritual needs with the medical team
- Education regarding Living Wills & Health Care Surrogate Documents
Chapel Services (held weekly):
Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 10:30 a.m.
Sunday at 9 a.m.
Located on the first floor next to the hospital lab.
If you believe a Chaplain visit would bring you comfort, please speak to your nurse. For emergencies, please call the hospital operator (0) and request to page the Chaplain on duty. For non-emergencies, or to contact any one of our team members listed below, please call 321.842.6203.