Your symptoms will depend on the type of esophageal disorder you have. Among the most common symptoms:
- Heartburn: A burning sensation in your chest, usually after eating. It may become worse at night or while you are lying down.
- Regurgitation: Stomach acid or bits of food may come back into your esophagus or mouth.
- Indigestion: A burning sensation in your stomach.
- Hoarseness or wheezing.
- Difficulty swallowing (dysphagia).
- Feeling like you have a lump in your throat.
- Chest or back pain.
- Unexplained weight loss.
- Chronic cough or sore throat.