The Hartford administers our requests for a leave of absence under the Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA), personal and military leaves, in addition to handling our Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD) benefits.
Team members can call The Hartford at 800.549.6514 or visit their website at www.thehartfordatwork.com to request leaves, file a short-term disability claim and to report hours missed from work.
Request for Leave of Absence Instructions
As a valued team member of Orlando Health, we want to provide you with information on how to submit a request for leave of absence. Your disability and leave management programs are managed by The Hartford, a leader in disability and leave services.
Team members must notify The Hartford of the need for a continuous or intermittent leave of absence in one of three ways:
- Call The Hartford at (800) 549-6514 Monday through Friday from 8 am to 9 pm.
- Register on-line at www.thehartford.com/mybenefits
- Step 1: Go to www.thehartford.com/mybenefits
- Step 2: Click on Register Now!
- Step 3: Enter Personal Information (first name, last name, etc.)
- Step 4: Create a User ID/Password and select a hint question/answer (to be used to self-service should the user forget their User ID/Password)
- Registration complete!
- Download the My Benefits mobile app through the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Search for “My Benefits at The Hartford” and download app
- Log in, if already registered at www.thehartford.com/mybenefits
- If not, register through mobile app
Have this information ready when you file for a leave of absence
- Name, address, and other key identification information.
- Name of your department and last day of active full-time work.
- Your manager's name and phone number.
- The nature of your claim or leave request.
- Your treating physician's name, address, and phone and fax numbers.
- If enrolled, short term disability policy number 678144.
- Notify both your manager and the Hartford to report any time missed from work that is related with an Intermittent Leave of Absence.
- Provide the Orlando Health Benefits Department with your return to work release from your physician prior to your first scheduled work shift after a continuous leave of absence. The release can be faxed to the Benefits Department at (321) 843-8710.