Physicians with the Orlando Health Digestive Health Institute Center for Advanced Endoscopy serve on the editorial boards of several medical journals and lead studies testing innovative medical and endoscopic interventions for complex digestive diseases.
Their combined research work has been published in nearly 1,000 peer-reviewed manuscripts in high-impact journals.
Latest original articles and editorials
- Bang JY, Hawes R, Varadarajulu S. Clinical, financial and academic implications of COVID-19 on a tertiary care interventional endoscopy program. Gut 2020, In press.
- Bang JY, Hawes R, Varadarajulu S. Equivalent performance of single-use and reusable duodenoscopes in a randomised trial. Gut 2020 Sep 7.
- Bang JY, Varadarajulu S. The promise of EUS-guided hepaticogastrostomy: miles to go before we sleep, and miles to go before we sleep. Gastrointest Enclose 2020; 92:632-3.
- Bang JY, Wilcox CM, Arnoletti JP, Varadarajulu S. Importance of disconnected pancreatic duct syndrome in recurrence of pancreatic fluid collections initially drained using lumen-apposing metal stents. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2020 Jul 16.
- Bang JY, Wilcox CM, Hawes R, Varadarajulu S. Outcomes of a structured, stepwise approach to endoscopic necrosectomy. J Clin Gastroenterol 2020 Jul 10.
- Bang JY, Krall K, Jhala N, Singh C, Tejani M, Amoletti JP, Navaneethan U, Hawes R, Varadarajulu S. Comparing needles and methods of endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle biopsy to optimize specimen quality and diagnostic accuracy for patients with pancreatic masses in a randomized trial. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2020 Jul 8.
- Bang JY, Hough M, Hawes RH, Varadarajulu S. Use of artificial intelligence to reduce radiation exposure at fluoroscopy-guided endoscopic procedures. Am J Gastroenterol 2020; 115:555-561.
- Bang JY, Hawes RH, Varadarajulu S. Lumen-apposing metal stent placement for drainage of pancreatic fluiduolledioas; Pie<lkto1s ofu<lveisc (Nc11t1;. Uut 2020; 69;1379-138 l.
- Bang JY, Sutton B, Navaneethan U, Hawes R, Varadarajulu S. Efficacy of single-operator cholangioscopy-guided lithotripsy compared with large balloon sphincteroplasty in management of difficult bile duct stones in a randomized trial. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2020; 18:2349-2356.
- Bang JY, Navaneethan U, Hasan M, et al. Optimizing Outcomes of Single-Operator Cholangioscopy-Guided Biopsies Based on a Randomized Trial. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2020; 18:441-448.
- Bang JY, Wilcox CM, Arnoletti JP, Varadarajulu S. Superiority of endoscopic interventions over minimally invasive surgery for infected necrotizing pancreatitis: a meta-analysis of randomized trials. Dig Endosc 2020; 32:298-308.
- Bang JY, Sutton D, Ilawes R, Varadarajulu S. Concept of disposable duodenoscope: at what cost? Gut 2019; 58:1915- 1917.
- Hasan MK, Kadkhodayan K, Idrisov E, Ali S, Rafiq E, Ben-Ami Shor D, Abdel-Jalil A, Navaneethan U, Bang JY, Varadarajulu S, Hawes R, Pemicone P. Endoscopic ultrasound-guided liver biopsy using a 22-G fine needle biopsy needle: a prospective study. Endoscopy 2019; 51:818-24
- Bang JY, Arnoletti JP, Holt BA, Sutton B, Hasan MK, Navaneethan U, Feranec N, Wilcox CM, Tharian B, Hawes RH, Varadarajulu S. An endoscopic transluminal approach, compared to minimally invasive surge1y, reduces complications and costs for patients with necrotizing pancreatitis. Gastroenterology 2019; 156:1027-1040.
- Bang JY, Kirtane S, Krall K, Navaneethan U, Hasan M, Hawes R, Varadarajulu S. In memoriam - fine needle aspiration, birth - find needle biopsy: The changing trend in endoscopic ultrasound-guided tissue acquisition. Dig Endosc 2019; 31:197-202.
- Bang JY, Sutton B, Hawes RH, Varadarajulu S. EDS-guided celiac ganglion radio-frequency ablation versus celiac plexus neurolysis for palliation of pain in pancreatic cancer: a randomized controlled trial. Gastrointest Endosc 2019; 89:58-66.
- Bang JY, Navaneethan U, Hasan M, Sutton B, Hawes R, Varadarajulu S. Non-superiority of lumen-apposing metal stents over plastic stents for drainage of walled-off necrosis in a randomized trial. Gut 2019; 68:1200-09.