Dear Prospective Adult Volunteer:
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Orlando Health South Seminole Hospital Adult Volunteer Program. Volunteers have always been a vital part of our hospital and play an important role in the hospital's mission of improving the health and quality of life of our patients, their families and community.
- Be willing to make a commitment to volunteer for a period of six months to one year or at least 100 hours.
- Volunteers must be able to volunteer one day a week for four hours.
- Able to communicate well in English (second language skills are a plus).
Due to the sensitivity and intensity of issues encountered in a hospital environment, comprehensive testing, training and orientation are provided for each of our applicants. As a result we require a significant commitment from our volunteers. To become part of our team, we ask the following:
- Accurately complete the entire application including complete email addresses for three references. One reference must be professional. References that are incomplete or unable to be reached will not be processed.
- Please be aware that we do not accept applications for court-ordered community service hours.
- Successfully pass a Criminal Background Check.
- Submit to a personal interview with a Volunteer Team Member.
- Visit our lab to complete a drug screen. This screening will be done at no charge to you.
- Attend a three-hour orientation session.
Processing time for applications can take from three to five weeks depending on our ability to contact your references. Once your application has been processed, we will contact you to arrange an appointment for a personal interview. At that time we will discuss an assignment that will be fulfilling and meet the needs of our patients and their families.
Volunteers are the heartbeat of Orlando Health. Your interest, caring and commitment are greatly appreciated. I look forward to meeting you and should you have any questions please feel free to contact us at: [email protected].
The form can be filled out here.